aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

So Thor Ragnarok was pretty damn good. Sure maybe there were too many jokes, but I was laughing, and the cast was great too. Plus Jeff Goldblum acting like Jeff Goldblum is never a bad thing, that and The Hulk talking was awesome. I'm not sure if it's my favorite MCU film, but I do think it's one that I'll revisit several times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very fun and funny movie! I always worry about the lack of urgency but it goes away when I watch the movie because I can't help but laugh and have a lot of fun.

Loved Hulk in this but I especially loved Bruce. He's different in this one. For those who haven't seen it, you'll see.

This movie is interesting...it seems both the American critics and viewers were a little less kind to it (although still large majority enthusiastic)...Now, I almost need to watch it right now to get my own feel for legs, and I can't b/c I'm busy all weekend...

So, I'd love to keep reading more thoughts...and why the disappointed might be disappointed in a non-spoilery way...

Edited by TwoMisfits

104M is the initial estimate. I was telling you guys that those 120+ predictions were too high. The movie had to overcome Thor's perception, among the MCU fan base, as the weakest (and non-Russo) franchise.

Also, JL looming so close, is also going to lower the ceiling on the OW. Two blockbusters of the same genre so close to each other can have a gravitational effect. Considering these circumstances, anything over 100M has to be considered a victory. 

I said 100-110, and that high 90's wouldn't surprise me. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

104M is the initial estimate. I was telling you guys that those 120+ predictions were too high. The movie had to overcome Thor's perception, among the MCU fan base, as the weakest (and non-Russo) franchise.

Also, JL looming so close, is also going to lower the ceiling on the OW. Two blockbusters of the same genre so close to each other can have a gravitational effect. Considering these circumstances, anything over 100M has to be considered a victory. 

It's easily going to do $100M+ OW. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

The 120+ weren't and aren't too high....

• Like 1