kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

46 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Truly set in Multiverse. This is the new thing. :-)

Thats the great thing about a multiverse!  You can have Verse Peanut Butter, Verse Chocolate and Verse Reese's Peanut Butter Cup where there are two great tastes that taste great together all separate and side by side.  It's only confusing if you want it to be.

(also, to be a killjoy, some of this could just be shared iconography/imagery)

Edited by Porthos

I love Sony’s deep commitment to the 2000s comic book trash aesthetic for these things. Never won’t make me laugh.

Also HELLO KEATON! Look at Sony spoiling that after credit scene in the trailer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Whether or not this is set in a multiverse is literally the only narratively interesting thing about it, because otherwise, this looks like a meme in the making and I'm disappointed that Jared Leto seems like he's not going full Jared Leto in this.

for real why is it that this fucking try hard decides that the goddamn vampire is the role where he's gonna be low energy no effort.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

for real why is it that this fucking try hard decides that the goddamn vampire is the role where he's gonna be low energy no effort.

He decided to save most of his energy for The Little Things (which was made right after this), in which his over-the-top performance compensates for Denzel/Rami completely sleepwalking through their roles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Whether or not this is set in a multiverse is literally the only narratively interesting thing about it, because otherwise, this looks like a meme in the making and I'm disappointed that Jared Leto seems like he's not going full Jared Leto in this.

it looks like just another vampire movie, and a mediocre one at that.

And there is no shortage of vampire movies out there.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Thats the great thing about a multiverse!  You can have Verse Peanut Butter, Verse Chocolate and Verse Reese's Peanut Butter Cup where there are two great tastes that taste great together all separate and side by side.  It's only confusing if you want it to be.

(also, to be a killjoy, some of this could just be shared iconography/imagery)

The other nice thing about the Multiverse, is it makes it pretty easy to write off a really bad movie without it having any impact on other films, since you can always say it happened in anohter multiverse.

1 hour ago, Menor said:

I will laugh if Keaton's role is just a massive troll and he's just some random dude. 

Amazing things can be done in post-production...😁  But yeah, would be hilarious if Keaton's role amounted to the two sentences he's been seen saying in these two trailers...  I think it's pretty clear that there's believability to the notion that SONY likes to SHOW more than tell these days, and MARVEL clearly wants to preserve more for the first-viewing experience.  And yeah, if the movie doesn't work out, they can just say "That wasn't the same Toomes from the same Earth."  

Way better trailer than the first one.  I don't know... I kinda dig what Leto seems to be doing here; it's subtle, interesting, and he's clearly letting the effects speak for themselves -- which do look fairly interesting.  Will take seeing the entire movie to interpret, but already looks way better to me than Venom...but Venom has Tom Hardy.  So the push-pull...  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Way better trailer than the first one. 

From some quick scans of places, I am seeing something of a "hey, this doesn't look that bad after all" vibe to the reactions.  I mean, sure, lots of people are having fun (or "fun") trying to piece together just where this is in the multiverse.  But aside from that, the reactions do seem... Good?

Maybe this will do decent enough after all.

3 hours ago, Menor said:

I will laugh if Keaton's role is just a massive troll and he's just some random dude. 

Hey, I would love it to zoom in on Keaton and then have him break the fourth wall and say, 
"Hey, I am returning as Batman, I don't need to be in cheap film like this" and then walk away.

Or even better, have him confront Mobius as BeetleJuice (still my favorite Keaton role).

On 11/1/2021 at 12:29 PM, john2000 said:

especially when venom is.... if you saw the post credit scene

Yeah, well...the events they're referring to in the trailer are Venom 1/2, right?  So they happened, whether or not that thing in the post-credits does or not... 🤣  But yes, the mish-mash of everything else is SONY's way of throwing their proverbial continuity darts against the wall and waiting to see what sticks...