DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

your brainwashed friend killed my parents years ago and you hid it from me now I'll fight both of you (presumably to death)

is just as bad, really.

yeah, what reason did Superman have to be angry at Batman again? 

I thought so...

The plot device in Civil War was more to make the heroes try to kill each other than being forced and out of the blue.. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I could see Thor ticking up next weekend- it might lose showtimes but with only Coco it won’t be losing screens. 

Wonder’s gonna have the most surprising OW of the year behind It. Gonna do 3x what tracking pegged it for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Great numbers for Wonder. THR was predicting $9M for the weekend. It should have $50M+ (and maybe even $60M) in the bank by the end of Thanksgiving Weekend. 

I think Wonder benefited from accidental walk ups due to the name, from people wishing to see Gadot in JL :sparta:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

I will say one thing, Momoa is a very charismatic performer, so that (+ Wan of course) makes me look foward for his solo movie. 

It worried me that AQM was in production before WONDR changed the direction of DCEU. It's already done filming. I hope we see the Wan fingerprints in full glory.

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, Goffe said:

your brainwashed friend killed my parents years ago and you hid it from me now I'll fight both of you (presumably to death)

is just as bad, really.

Uh...not even close. Am I the only one who bought Stark's reaction at that point? We're talking about witnessing a guy, who happens to be standing there in the room with you, murder your parents and rage and hate for Cap that has been building up anyway. No kidding he snapped on them.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

@tribefan695.

The sales for Tuesday went up big in my theater.

Even if Justice League had zero competition I'd find it very hard to imagine it playing to the "family" crowd that way. The well reviewed Marvel movies rarely have that kind of staying power.

I really don't know how well Coco is going to perform here. I certainly hope it does well but there's not a whole lot of irrefutable evidence I can point to in its favor aside from its pedigree and critical reception.

• Like 1

I could either see Wonder tonight or Daddy's Home. I'm going to Wonder with my friends on Thursday, but my mum and auntie and uncle are going and they asked if I wanted to go cause I'm not doing anything with my Friday night. Or should I just see Daddy's Home by myself and wait till I go with my friends for Wonder?

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Civil War has a pretty nonsensical mother moment that too in the climax with Tony loosing all his discernment and acting like a man-baby.

I could have bought it if he was going on a bender, but a stone-cold sober Tony is not that petty or mean...and he sure doesn't risk his friends when it's hard for him to keep true ones (thanks to his benders, his ego, and his money)...it's the single biggest problem I have with Civil War (and why it doesn't get an A)...although compared to BvS and Martha...Civil War was Oscar-winning scripting and action in that scene...

• Like 1

Next weekend will be interesting.

It will tell us alot about Thor and JL's potential legs and whether Coco will break out or disappoint.

People say JL is surprisingly good so the legs should be better than a movie surprisingly bad like BvS.

And with CoCo how will audiences respond to very Mexican story. Will the huge Latino share of the general audience propel it forward or will it be another The Good Dinosaur.

Then nothing else exciting till next year...

:apocalypse:

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Even if Justice League had zero competition I'd find it very hard to imagine it playing to the "family" crowd that way. The well reviewed Marvel movies rarely have that kind of staying power.

I really don't know how well Coco is going to perform here. I certainly hope it does well but there's not a whole lot of irrefutable evidence I can point to in its favor aside from its pedigree and critical reception.

Coco is a real wildcard. Presales looked absymal when first started, and rose exponentially today.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Civil War has a pretty nonsensical mother moment that too in the climax with Tony loosing all his discernment and acting like a man-baby.

Having the same name for your mother ending a duel between two superheroes.

Is the same as finding out the killer of your mom and that your fellow team member hid on purpose and considering Iron Man is pretty much a man baby inside emotionally? 

You guys can spin all you want, Martha was a pathetic scene... 

Edited by Lordmandeep