DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

My mind tells me that IW is going to make a ton of money. The question is how much. I can totally see IW pulling an Avengers and making soooooo much money. At the same time, I can totally see it underperforming and doing CW like numbers. Why? When you’re this far into a cinematic universe, there’s only so many people from the GA that have stuck around to see it all unfold. Granted for the MCU that’s A LOT of people but is it enough for IW to rival The Avengers? I don’t think so. Along the way the MCU has lot the interest of some of the GA. So I can totally see Ethan’s point when he says he sees IW pulling a Captain America CW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hmmmmmm.... civil war seems to have done less than Iron Man 3 and Justice League  is doing less than WW. Your argument seems pretty weak

lmfao, don't even compare CW and IM3. Both opened and finished within a couple million of each other.

37 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

There is something that nobody is really factoring into Wonder Woman's success, and understandably so given the focus was on the female driven aspects, but that movie did as well as it did because of Chris Pine and his chemistry with Gal Gadot.  

He was fantastic with her on screen and losing him from the series is going to hurt.  He was able to stand side by side with her and support her character but at the same time carry enough weight and charm that Wonder Woman fell in love with him and admired him.  That is a very hard thing to pull off and the writers and actors did a masterful job with it.  

Chris Pine was doing a lot of the leg work during their dialogue scenes, he's really underrated as an actor with great timing that can bounce off a partner elevating the material. His charisma is the only reason why his Kirk's take who is written as a reckless douchebag that keeps on getting the same arc, movies after movies over the span of a trilogie, still worked and not be insufferable on screen.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

Wondy 2 would clear 450 if it opened in the summer. In November I’m not quite as sure but I don’t see it dipping when its opening will be at least 150.

There’s gonna be a lot of talk about where WB goes from here. I don’t think this is going to stall Flash or Batman or a young Joker movie, all of which if positively received will do well (Shazam is a doozy- I don’t understand how that character works and nothing about the team convinces me it’ll make any sense). I do think this will give them a bit more hesitancy before, say, running Suicide Squad 2 into production without a script or direction they feel good about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hmmmmmm.... civil war seems to have done less than Iron Man 3 and Justice League  is doing less than WW. Your argument seems pretty weak

JL like most DCEU movies faced negative reception and the marketing was botched.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

No I'm suggesting be a team up movie doesn't garuntee being bigger than a solo movie.  Black Panther > IW seems very possible to me

Nope, and I think Black Panther is going to be huge.  

Like i said, I will give you Civil War +50m in a bet.  

Just now, Nova said:

Also I’m officially on the Black Panther is going to make a shit ton of money bandwagon. 

$350M+ is happening, in my opinion 

Like Deadpool, BP has the advantage of a relatively competition-free February/early March. Plus, it absolutely has the advantage of beeing another cultural event movie.

2 hours ago, Nova said:

$95M for a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie is abysmal. It’s a disaster. If you think otherwise, then you’re being downright delusional. 

BvS was a success financially. No one said otherwise. But we are talking about the legs the movie had which again were awful. 

Look, there's no way that a $95m opening DOM is 'abysmal' for any movie - JL, Star Wars, anything. Objectively, it's a good opening. Now, is it disappointing given how much the studio wanted to make? Sure, maybe. 

But save "abysmal" for big budget movies that truly bomb, like I don't know, "Mars Needs Moms".

As for BvS, few things make less sense than dissing its legs. Would it make you feel better if it finished at $330m DOM after starting at $100m not $166m? $330m is $330m, whether earned all in one week (no legs) or spread out over 15 weeks. 

Edited by SteveJaros

Just now, SteveJaros said:

Look, there's no way that a $95m opening DOM is 'abysmal' for any movie - JL, Star Wars, anything. Objectively, it's a good opening. Now, is it disappointing given how much the studio wanted to make? Sure, maybe. 

But save "abysmal" for movies that truly bomb, like I don't know, "Mars Needs Moms".

As for BvS, few things make less sense than dissing its legs. Would it make you feel better if it finished at $330m DOM after starting at $100m not $166m? $330m is $330m, whether earned all in one week (no legs) or spread out over 15 weeks. 

All of what you wrote here is wrong and complete gibberish.  

• Like 18
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So take the bet with EC, easy money, right.:P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

But save "abysmal" for big budget movies that truly bomb, like I don't know, "Mars Needs Moms".

It’s atrocious. 

• Like 1