DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

2 minutes ago, Shawn said:

MOTOE: 4.075

Three Billboards: 333,313

That's decent but unspectacular for Three Billboards. Looking at about $20K PTA for the weekend, which is quite a bit below what Lady Bird did in its second weekend expansion last weekend.

7 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

Do you mean find money from Puerto Rico.

No offense but Puerto Rico jokes right now feel inappropriate after what they faced and the inane mess of the US authorities response. Any local money should be aimed at Puerto Rico's reconstruction.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

That's decent but unspectacular for Three Billboards. Looking at about $20K PTA for the weekend, which is quite a bit below what Lady Bird did in its second weekend expansion last weekend.

Not really.  Lady Bird was only in 37 theaters and Three Billboards is in 53 theaters.  If the theater count was similar Lady Bird would have been about the same level.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

Should have been in the Derby 🤔

I told Andy Lady Bird would've been a better option than Madea and Geostorm; I didn't expect 3B to beat Jigsaw until I was doing my predictions for the derby and winter game :jeb!: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

• Founder / Operator
5 minutes ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

I was worried about the school presales bit, but this is a good call by Han nevertheless 

Same here. Even for a sleeper candidate, that was a tough one to gauge. Didn't display the usual tracking/social media signs of a $20m+ opener. Great for the industry though to have a movie like it break out before the holidays.

• Like 1

Nothing much more to be said for JL -! Awful opening. A string of bad decisions destroyed this movie. Even someone like me who really liked MOS and didn't think BvS was the worst thing in the world is not that enhusiastic about rushing out to see this. Making BvS right after MOs was a huge mistake 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

No offense but Puerto Rico jokes right now feel inappropriate after what they faced and the inane mess of the US authorities response. Any local money should be aimed at Puerto Rico's reconstruction.

No actual money from Puerto Rico will be taken by WB, just reported as revenue.