DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

Well if you want to play that game there isn't a Spider-Man movie in the same universe as Furious 7. The only CBM above it is The Avengers by 2 million..   And these movies cost no more than $150M to produce.  The run is legendary.  No source material.  No iconic characters.  Just making up shit as they go.  That's a success story. 

Funny thing is you're gloating over the FF franchise and billion dollar Batman movies and the only reason any of those movies even sniffed a billion were due to the unfortunate deaths of Ledger and Walker. 

45 minutes ago, MattW said:

Another guess before rth or deadline gives their final update for the night:

13 - Th

27.8 - Fri

30.3 - Sat

20.9 - Sun

Kind of mind boggling that this is a realistic OW for justice league. 

I talked my brothers into going with me tomorrow. Just as excited to watch it again XD

90/220

I take it 💔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron Raf said:

Funny thing is you're gloating over the FF franchise and billion dollar Batman movies and the only reason any of those movies even sniffed a billion were due to the unfortunate deaths of Ledger and Walker. 

You can't be serious.  People aren't flocking to theaters to see F8 because of the untimely death of Paul Walker. If you had said that prior to F7 then maybe but F8 made all the monies because it's a series that delivers on their promises. 

3 hours ago, Sam said:

I love how 2 of our most valuable insiders are quite different in their personalities.

One seems chill and playful while the other is savage af. It’s a pretty great balance lol.

Rth is kind of like the new testament "all your sins are gone if you accept me as your savior" and Empire is all old testament "fire and fury filled vengeful God who will turn you into a pillar of salt when you piss him off for looking the wrong way".

Edited by eddyxx

2ND UPDATE, Friday night: Justice League‘s Friday, coming off a solid $13 million Thursday, is coming in at the high end from where we saw it around midday Friday with $38.5M, however, there’s still concern that Warner Bros. DC supehero ensemble may not even crack $100M with industry estimates sitting at $97M over three-days, well below the $110M-$120M on tracking.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice-league-opening-weekend-box-office-lower-thor-ragnarok-wonder-the-star-1202211094/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

What?  That is bullshit.  

The Dark Knight made $1b because it was a great movie.  

Fast and Furious made $1.2b this year without Paul Walker.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 4

Yeah man, I don't think the GA knows how ratings work. If you believe something/anything in a movie can be improved, then it's not 5 stars. If you are commenting about how something can be fixed...yeah you enjoyed the experience but it's not perfect. If that thing was fixed, how would the film excel beyond 5 stars?

5 stars is a perfect rating. Just like A+. 

Same with Twitter - "best movie of my life" - "worst movie I've ever seen"

Edited by somebody85

6 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

:wintf:

Apart from TDK and F7, both TDKR and F8 did 1b+ with 1.08b and 1.235b respectively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

You can't be serious.  People aren't flocking to theaters to see F8 because of the untimely death of Paul Walker. If you had said that prior to F7 then maybe but F8 made all the monies because it's a series that delivers on their promises. 

C'mon. F7 almost doubled what F6 made ... that wasn't because the movie was twice as better. After F7 made 1.5 ... it's not like F8 was gonna dip back below 1B. Same thing happened to TDKR. Not that TDK didn't deserve 1B ... but if Ledger doesn't die, neither one of those two movies make a B. 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Fast and Furious has a hold on the overseas markets really but we saw with Transformers, it can fade. I think they have like 2-3 films max left out before it crashes and burns imo.

Edited by Lordmandeep

5 minutes ago, jb007 said:

2ND UPDATE, Friday night: Justice League‘s Friday, coming off a solid $13 million Thursday, is coming in at the high end from where we saw it around midday Friday with $38.5M, however, there’s still concern that Warner Bros. DC supehero ensemble may not even crack $100M with industry estimates sitting at $97M over three-days, well below the $110M-$120M on tracking.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice-league-opening-weekend-box-office-lower-thor-ragnarok-wonder-the-star-1202211094/

"For Justice League last night, PostTrak showed men over 25 in bulk (41%), men under 25 (25%), females over 25 (21%) and females under 25 (14%)." - that's the most surprising thing to me. I thought it would be a lot higher for under 25 for both. Maybe Saturday will change that. 

8 minutes ago, jb007 said:

If it doesn't do 39-39.5 even I don't think it can cross 95 ow.

Using 38.5,

33.15 (+30%) giving it a big jump

23.55 (-29%) strong hold again

= 95.20 ... barely above 95

If 38.5 sticks with official numbers, thinking 92.5-94.5 ow

Edited by a2knet

10 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

You're delusional man. TDKR and F8 also hit over 1 billion. 

For the record TDK was a really good movie and F7 was very entertaining, that's a big reason why they also crossed 1 billion. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

but if Ledger doesn't die, neither one of those two movies make a B. 

Maybe (it did quite well in market that would not care about the guy much I would have imagined, same for Fast 7) but they would have still sniffed it, yeah maybe Dark Knight miss the billion it is so close but it would have still have done really close to it, no ?

Specially Fast 7 there is such a big margin, Fast 7 do the same than 6 everywhere and just get the China boost and they reach a billion.

Is it that big of a factor or a factor at all ?, Ledger real last movies The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus didn't do 10m domestic.

Gandolfini, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Robin Williams (is last movie didn't even reached 130 thousand.....) and is last Night at the museum franchise entry released 3/4 month just after is death did by far the least of that franchise, there is a long list of death beloved actor having a posthum release that seem to have zero effect on their box office.

People that were well aware and into a story like the actor in a movie being death before the release were probably already sold to that movie and fan's, that would have seen it anyway.

Edited by Barnack

6 minutes ago, jb007 said:

38.5 would mean JL has very slightly better preview to OD multi as BvS which is one of the lowest for a SH movie. If it follows BvS trajectory over the weekend it will miss even 80m. I dont think that will happen as BvS was notoriously frontloaded on OD due to easter holiday. But JL could follow SS internal multiplier which would mean an OW of 85m

16 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Transformers got too greedy.  Michael Bay had critics balls in a vice.  I thought it was great. Oh?  15%?  Here's another billion fuckers. 

Right but I was referring to the 5 star reviews that used to flood Yahoo Movies and Fandango.