DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

17 minutes ago, a2knet said:

39 OD:

33 (+27%)

23.1 (-30%)

Do you think +27% for Saturday can happen? Looking at other sequels on this weekend I'm coming up with 5-15%

Edited by MattW

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Ant-Man is on TBS right now and I remember why I liked it so much.  The third act manages to be both small scale yet feel large scale at the same time and the combination just works really well.  It's also pretty fucking hilarious.

Ant-Man is the best MCU origin film after Iron Man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iron Raf said:

They made up ?? I must've missed that part. Was it an end credit scene ?

Cap wrote Tony the letter because that's what Cap does. Tony read the letter. That's it. That letter had to have arrived weeks later. Pretty sure Tony realized that he had over-reacted a bit by then. Regardless, half of the team became fugitives by the end of the film. Also with Bucky now in Wakanda, there will now be further implications in Wakanda in BP. 

This whole idea that they all made up at the end of the movie and the whole CW was for nothing is ridiculous.

Same here.   I thought there must be some kind of director's cut where they made up at the end.

There will be big tension between them when they meet again.   Not exactly "made up" since they haven't been in the same room yet.

7 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I thought Snyder's cultfanbase had forsaken this film?

I was wondering where two of the hardcore DC fans were this weekend and just saw they were suspended for a while. Why do comic book fans take these movies so seriously? It happens to them over and over again.

6 minutes ago, MattW said:

Do you think +27% for Saturday can happen? Looking at other sequels on this weekend I'm coming up with 5-15%

Yeah you are right. Am going optimistic with the family-friendly vibe and short-run time thing. Thor3 jumped 38% so thought 27% possible if not 30%+.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Still betting Solo surprises everyone with how low it goes. Really don't think something like 290 is out of the question if reception is lukewarm. 

It’s a Star Wars film. I don’t see it getting below 80% on RT. Nostalgia is powerful 

12 minutes ago, kswiston said:

I'm not seeing $400M+ for The Incredibles 2 (which I think that Han Solo will hit at the low end)

Yes, it will have to be A-tier Pixar to make it to 400m.

Dory jumped to 485 from Nemo's unadjusted 340 odd in 2003. TS3 jumped to 415 with TS2 unadjusted 245 odd way back in 1999.

I1 did 260 in 2004. A Dory like jump gives 370. Am hoping it has better reception and late legs (Dory got affected by SLOP somewhat) to make it north of 400m.

Should be a tight race with Han-Solo.

Also thinking that the growing popularity of CBMs since I1 due to MCU will help I2.

Edited by a2knet

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

Over a billion is not over $1.2 billion.

Well if you want to play that game there isn't a Spider-Man movie in the same universe as Furious 7. The only CBM above it is The Avengers by 2 million..   And these movies cost no more than $150M to produce.  The run is legendary.  No source material.  No iconic characters.  Just making up shit as they go.  That's a success story. 

DC fans are so touchy man. 

"Don't understand these reviews at all...This movie is great! It's as though these critics wish DC to fail miserably, as though their allegiance is with Marvel. And Joss Whedon? No thanks to this mole! DC, please don't let this traitor direct Batgirl. Steppenwolf, the worst comic villain in history? Joss Whedon, you sir are a mole! You just don't want JL to succeed, making sure that it won't touch your Avengers legacy. Sure, you might have it your way, but make no mistake about it, karma will come and sooner or later the DCEU will pick up pace full steam ahead and that legacy of yours will be history!" - 5 stars

It's pretty much either 4 or 5 stars or 1 star and a half, etc. A lot of comments bashing critics and reviews pointing out it's flaws....and still giving it 5 stars.

Scrolling through, it really does remind me of the reviews Transformers used to get. 

Edited by somebody85