DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Here's some shit that blows my mind.  LOGAN opened up to $88M.   Fucking Logan.  Yes,  excellent movie and Wolverine's farewell but still.  Justice League will barely crack Logan. 

Here's another one.   X2.   Opened to $85M.  14 fucking years ago. 

Here's another.   X-Men: The Last Stand.  A total piece of shit.  Ratner is a complete hack. Damn near ruined the X-franchise.  THAT movie opened to $102M 11 years ago.  

Justice League will open under X-Men: The Last Stand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, MattW said:

If Thor does 20m this weekend that puts it at 246m on Sunday, a bit below where I thought it would be at despite JL's complete implosion unfortunately.  I still think it gets to 300m but I doubt it goes beyond 310.

At this point I don't even care what Thor grosses so long as it's more than JL. I will be bringing this up for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

Here's some shit that blows my mind.  LOGAN opened up to $88M.   Fucking Logan.  Yes,  excellent movie and Wolverine's farewell but still.  Justice League will barely crack Logan. 

Here's another one.   X2.   Opened to $85M.  14 fucking years ago. 

Here's another.   X-Men: The Last Stand.  A total piece of shit.  Ratner is a complete hack. Damn near ruined the X-franchise.  THAT movie opened to $102M 11 years ago.  

Justice League will open under X-Men: The Last Stand. 

If this holds, Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Failure.....it's power.

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

To me under Suicide Squad is more embarrassing. 

That had great marketing. Quinn + Big presence in Smith + Joker (Joker!!!!) + Chick aesthetics + DC's GOTG 'freshness'

Just now, a2knet said:

That had great marketing. Quinn + Big presence in Smith + Joker (Joker!!!!) + Chick aesthetics + DC's GOTG 'freshness'

But still we’re talking DC’s B list over their A list. SS’s gross is what made me confident JL would have no problem passing 150m OW. 

They can't reboot, no reason to.  Wonder Woman sequel will be fine.  Aquaman should be fine.  I'm thinking Matt Reeves The Batman will be fine but they should go detective/small scale with it.  Which I think Matt Reeves probably will.  He'll do a more grounded story.  Keep the budget under control.  

They can build it back up but no more team up movies for a while.  I'm not sure they should go through with the Suicide Squad sequel.  They are better off just doing to Harley Quinn solo. 

• Like 2