DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The pent-up demand for any good family movie since, I don't know what this year, is finally getting a chance to explode this weekend.  It feels good to see such a good weekend, even with JL underperforming.  Maybe families will get good works every month, and not have to wait for holiday and summer periods...Like Coco could have been a bonkers early October release...(yes, I'm gonna hold this grudge b/c I literally went 4 months without taking my fam to a movie b/c there was NOTHING and what there was were bad movies derived from toys, bad sequels, and computer apps!  It would have been so nice to enjoy that movie when it was meant to be enjoyed - lucky Mexico - I'd have gone if I was there:)...

Did you and the kids watch/enjoy JL?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TJHooker said:

I keep hearing this nonsense over and over again! You people aren't good at predicting stuff! Otherwise most of you would be abke to predict, that first JL movie would be put in danger to gross less than 100m in its openning weekend! I'd say its too early to tell anything about WW sequel and especially its marketing campaign! We don't know what patty Jenkins and the team will unleash in a year time, so stop acting like you know what future holds! For all we know they can announce Charlize Theron as the villain in WW sequel and make huge bank from it, considering Charlize Theron won her oscar working with Jenkins! Announcing her returning to work with Jenkins for something as big as WW will create enormous buzz, comparable to the one TDK created!...

:winomg:

5 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Did you and the kids watch/enjoy JL?

Yes, I posted earlier in the thread...we gave it grades from A+ (the boy in the 7-12 range - this movie is really perfect for this range) to B- (me)...it was a good, but flawed, movie...but better, it was a movie we could all enjoy.  The boys (all 3 - 2 kids and spouse) liked it better than the same age girls (all 3 - 2 kids and me), but that didn't surprise me:).  I wanted to watch all 3 movies this weekend, and booked the one the kids wanted the most for this weekend.  I'll probably pick The Star or Wonder next weekend as a good segway to Christmas...and then we start getting a little busy and have Star Wars lined up for OW...it's like we have a wealth of riches now (b/c I didn't even mention Coco, which my kids would have seen any week in Sept/Oct, b/c they just wanted a movie not named Ninjago or MLP, which wouldn't appeal to all 4), after like months of nothing.  Balance would be so much nicer:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

Justice League is such a monstrosity of a movie, both literally, I dare you to find a more hideous film to look at, and metaphorically.

It s kinda fascinating what Warner did here.

One dare to wonder what was in the Snyder version of the movie  Warner suits hated so much they decided to re-shoot 1/3 ? half of the movie ? in a such a chaotic way that Elfman admitted he was scoring previz animation.

Keanu Reeves Woah.

Justice League legacy will probably be the moustache gate/meme.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of the posts here are really unneccessary. I am a big fan of Marvel and DC, and i truly believe that competition breeds excellence. The Market Place is big enough for DC movies by WB, and Marvel movies by Disney/Fox/Sony.

The numbers for Justice League is pathetic, no excuses...WB screwed up big time. But what some people are posting here are uncalled for. Sarcasm and pure mocking. I don't see the point, really. 

• Disbelief 1

Thor's overall weekend drop should go below 65% easily. Last weekend it benefited from Vet Day and there is some normalizing. Next weekend the drop should be sub-25% with strong weekdays before that. I think 310m will happen.

I have to admit, it's rather amusing to see SteveJaros try to play this opening off as no big loss or disappointment, since I'm fairly certain he did the exact same thing about BvS's terrible multiplier all the way back in 2016. 

Also, just so you know, Steve, the fact that this is opening to less than half the Avengers OW, despite being an equally iconic property, is exactly why BvS's 1.99 multiplier was such a bad thing.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Thor's overall weekend drop should go below 65% easily. Last weekend it benefited from Vet Day and there is some normalizing. Next weekend the drop should be sub-25% with strong weekdays before that. I think 310m will happen.

Plus loss of IMAX, Dolby, etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harpospoke said:

JL had everything.  

Except one vital missing ingredient.

Green_Lantern_(Ryan_Reynolds).jpg

Thor added some green to the proceedings and brought in the green.

Hal Jordan not being in it is the lone reason I'm not going to see it until it hits the Fire Stick. 

• Astonished 1

Yeah, the crowd making a big deal out of Thor 3s Friday to Friday are ignoring the circumstances and ignoring that this drop was factored into the over 300m predictions from last week. 

Thor is on pace to make 22-23m this weekend, perfectly normal considering that a new super just opened. 

• Like 4