DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Disney/Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok is also cutting into Justice League‘s business, hence the possible danger of putting another DC mega superhero film too close to it’s well received Marvel rival; Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Wonder Woman were spaced out by a month. Ragnarok is currently estimated to have a third Friday of $5.9M-$6.5M and a three-day of $20M in third place.

Sony Affirm’s featured animated title The Star is flailing with $2M-$2.5M today and an awful $8M-$9M beginning. Too much family fare in the market, even though this is targeted at the faith-based.

Via DHD.

Edited by YourMother

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Wonder $30-$32M - WOO HOO!

And Thor only $20M - boy, it's the zero sum battle at work...JL awful and Thor with an awful hold!

It's Friday jump would be 150-170% which is higher than DS's 130% jump and its Friday to Friday decline is again better at 65% than DS's 68%. If the goal is to keep up with DS, which it is, then it is doing just fine

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

Maybe people are going to watch Wonder instead of Justice League because they think it’s a sequel to Wonder Woman 🤔

Right now at WB crisis room.

WB exec #43:

"Goddammit, I told you we should have renamed JL, 'The Wonderful Wonder League!' Think synergy, guys, #SYNERGY!"

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Julia Roberts takes down the Justice League...I can already see the headlines

She took down Batman.. at least domestically .over the long haul...back in 1997 .

"My Best Friend's Wedding" atlhough it lost to Batman and Robin on opening weekend, ended up making more money in the long haul in the US market.

Edited by dudalb