DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, Nova said:

There are some that should be worried and some that shouldn’t be. Those that should be worried should have been worried even more Justice League came out. Those that shouldn’t be worried, weren’t worried to begin with. 

Yes, but after this year, when it seemed supers couldn't lose, they were probably hoping to continue the streak...

I mean, after 2016, if you were an animated movie, it seemed you couldn't lose...and boy, was 2017 a re-correction from that...

Now horror has also had an almost "can't lose" 2017...so we have a few genres now that might be looking at a correction next year...

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

OK that $95M seems far too low but if it does end up being the case that's on par with Captain America: The Winter Soldier....

And Cap pulled a 2.7x multiplier.

There’s hope for JL.

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

No chance in hell. :lol: 

my spiraling depression that sent me to these boards in the first place in February 2014 was partially caused by the book, aren't you intrigued by that

(answer: "No, Blank, my life does not revolve around you and your high school sadness.")

• ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

saw Justice League on my lunch break today and it was pretty darn awesome. One thing is for sure much better legs than BvS.  

The last hour is epic. First hour is good.

Top 5 comic book film for me since 08.

8.5/10

Yes! Agreed on all counts. Will buy this when it comes out and I only own 4 other CBM movies (and one is Kick-Ass). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

WftPotA was a special case: it seemd like a copy of Dawn to the GA and its grimdark tone and story didnt exactly warrant repeat viewings (and i love the movie btw).

Thor 2 certainly was forgotten when Ragnarok came out. The predecessor for Iron Man 3 wasnt Iron Man 2 aswell, it was The Avengers. MCU movies have the advantage of overall goodwill from the GA thanks to quality control.

You got very good points. Although WFTPOTA was a quality movie....it wasn’t the large & leggy crowdpleaser i thought it would be.

And while Thor 2 wasn’t beloved perse.....it wasn’t hated either. The reception was.....just decent/ok. Not great...but not terrible either. Thor 3 was the special delivery for the Thor-franchise.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Wonder is a pretty good book and it's getting good reviews.  i'll see it.  trailers are a bit sappy but I mean how else is Lionsgate gonna sell it?

Just now, filmlover said:

Of course you think that, Scrooge.

Hallmark Channel-esque.

I'm sure it has a very nice message.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

follows Fantastic Beasts:

13M

23M (36M OD)

28.9M

20.4M

85.3M OPENING WEEKEND

I just need to bump this

[mod edit: have pity on mobile users]

JUSTICE LEAGUE COULD OPEN WITH 85.3M AND HAVE A LOWER OW THAN ANY SUPERHERO MOVIE THIS YEAR AND ONE ON PAR WITH DOCTOR STRANGE LMAO