DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

If $36m ends up being the Friday number, best case scenario would be low 90's for the weekend and the more likely scenario would be somewhere in the 80's. If Friday ends up at $38m, the high end would be around $98m. That's close enough for some fudge to push it over $100m, but they need it to reach $38m today and also have a very strong Saturday (38% increase like Thor 3). 

• Haha 1

Bye everyone I would give you more updates on me giving up on my love life but I gotta get to class and my wifi is down

But trust me when I say that it's a good thing I'm giving up

WONDER better make 30M this wekeend

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Dark Phoenix will go one of two ways. If it's another disappointing/poor effort like Apocalypse, it's going to bomb hard DOM and probably limp past 100. Or it will be well received and perform like First Class (modest opening, solid legs), leading to a similar total as Apocalypse. OS should hit 300 or so regardless though, so it has some insurance. 

Those movie performance tend to be greatly linked to the previous movie reception than the current one, X-3 made more than X2, Wolverine much more than origin and even more market adjusted than Logan, so yes after the deceiving Apocalypse a reception rebound and not falling too much domestic and make a sequel possible is probably the best case scenario.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yes, but after this year, when it seemed supers couldn't lose, they were probably hoping to continue the streak...

I mean, after 2016, if you were an animated movie, it seemed you couldn't lose...and boy, was 2017 a re-correction from that...

Now horror has also had an almost "can't lose" 2017...so we have a few genres now that might be looking at a correction next year...

This is the first comic book film of this year to underperform like this. So I don’t think using one comic book film underperforming is an example of super hero fatigue. Not when all the other ones are doing gangbusters. 

I hate to use this term but Justice League seems like a non event. Don’t get me wrong I’m absolutely shocked that it may open under 100 million but like I said a few days ago, I complelely forgot Justice League was opening this weekend. I hadn’t been visiting the forum all that often because of school so I was more like the average movie goer and I didn’t know it was coming out. Compare that with Thor 3, SMHC, WW etc 

Next year there are comic book films that I simply don’t see the GA being attracted to. But I felt that way even before Justice League. And then there are ones that I know for sure will make a ton of money. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

He was going to step into Spider-Man if Tobey didn't come back wasn't he?

Also he did Prince of Persia .so yeah ..

Gylleenhaal was also one of Nolan's top three choices to play Batman before Bale got the role. Post Prince of Persia though, he doesn't seem especially interested in doing blockbusters anymore, so he's offered the role of Batman, then I wouldn't be surprised if he turned down the role. 

• Like 1