aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

30 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

No, not all old releases.

Nah, just the ones called Thor, Bad Moms, MOE, Daddy's Home 2, and Roman J Esq (and probably The Star, although that may hold the single 10am slot through Christmas)...they'll all lose the Star Wars 8 race, unless the Star Wars terms limit its own normal screen grab (if my locals book less than 6 screens for the week, you'll know the terms mattered b/c GOTG2 and Thor got 5 screens each, but they didn't have to keep them for 4 weeks or give less money back...and Star Wars should get way more dedicated screens than them)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Maybe they should release it in China for that final $6m.

I don't think it's done in Japan. It will at least get 4m more there IMO, but could get 6m too. Maybe some tiny amount trickling from other markets.

1 hour ago, Finnick said:

COCO $27.53M UP, DOWN JUST 46% From last week, YEEEEES

COCO SUNDAY IS A BIG $9.38M, 30% Off from last SUNDAY, BIG HOLD AHEAD NEXT WEEK!!

That's a great Sunday drop for Coco. It just keeps on rising. 

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

There is also the hard to give value to a brand/IP that is affected (I think that what happened here, the market diminished the value of that video game franchise), not necessarily about an entry making or loosing money.

A stock value tend to turn around All the expected future profit amortized to today + current net actifs.

The market diminished is expectation for the future entry sales.

Since Justice League was released on 11/17, Time-Warner's stock price has, due to diminished value for the DCEU Brand caused by the JL disaster, fallen from $88 a share all the way down to .... $92 a share. 

I mean, this is bad. Really bad. 

13 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Since Justice League was released on 11/17, Time-Warner's stock price has, due to diminished value for the DCEU Brand caused by the JL disaster, fallen from $88 a share all the way down to .... $92 a share. 

You are a fighter. I admire that.

“There is one thing I fear less than everything else, it is, I believe, persecution for my opinions. There are a good many points about which I may be diffident, but when it comes to questions of Truth and intellectual independence, there is no holding me- I can envisage no finer end than to sacrifice oneself for a conviction.” 

Edited by Diana Prince
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

To be fair, the write down won't happen until end of 1Q 2018 at least ...so this hasn't taken into account yet ...

15 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

somebody seems stuck in an endless spinning 

giphy.gif&key=6b3dc074c32748f7cc7512a0d3

34 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

And the share didn't raise when IT or Wonder Woman were making crazy business, a movie do not make giant conglomerate with over 30b in annual revenues stock price move on release usually, not even Star Wars Force Awaken.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1