CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

TLJ was at close to 57k  Want To See ratings before previews started yesterday.  Those numbers as always get rolled into Audience Score

Current User Ratings: 60,764

All this hullabaloo over about 3,000 user ratings?

It's sitting at 3.5/5 with a 60% score which could mean about 2k people voted it 5/5 and 1k people voted it 1/5

It takes awhile for the audience score to settle on RT - barring any barrage of actual spamming like what happened with Jigsaw or Spider-Man (2002)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Seng Wah said:

If this follows TFA opening weekend, it will do 195mil OW. Foreseeing Sunday drops harsher, 180-185mil.

WoM at my area is fair, GA generally finds it overlong.

What if it follows RO opening weekend?

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Where are my Ferdinand numbers?!

Hoping it does 20m ow. Just for the sake of nostalgia. Used to watch that short with my sister as kids a lot.

Ferdi, Coco and Jumanji are gonna most of the sales SW8 looses over Dec/Jan if the wom is that mixed.

Jumanji is looking to surprise bigtime really. Thinking 150m+ dom.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James said:

Because the only clue we have so far regarding the reception is that score. And that is BO related. It's not like I say 'HAHAHA, LOOK AT THIS'. 

uhhh... yes it is.  Do you think the staff doesn't read other posts on the forum? :hahaha:

RT audience scores have no baring on WOM and never has.  That's why we almost never talk about it in numbers threads. it's only brought when members want to try to prove disprove their personal theories.

• Like 5

Just now, stripe said:

What if it follows RO opening weekend?

What if it follows neither, as they've all had very different receptions and different contexts going in.

R1 a stand-alone/spin-off film, less likely to get huge midnight release.

TFA long awaited Star Wars film that fans had been waiting forever for

TLJ is a sequel to TFA

Just now, The Last AndyLL said:

uhhh... yes it is.  Do you think the staff doesn't read other posts on the forum? :hahaha:

RT audience scores have no baring on WOM and never has.  That's why we almost never talk about it in numbers threads. it's only brought when members want to try to prove disprove their personal theories.

Amen.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

So you expect me to go back in old threads and start searching page by page?

Me caring so much to waste so much energy in something like that  would have been pathetic to say the least....

If we use the RT Audience score often, it shouldn't be difficult to verify.

However, we don't use that score. Rarely, if ever. Literally the only time it's ever brought up is for the DCEU.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TLJ was at close to 57k  Want To See ratings before previews started yesterday.  Those numbers as always get rolled into Audience Score

Current User Ratings: 60,764

All this hullabaloo over about 3,000 user ratings?

It's sitting at 3.5/5 with a 60% score which could mean about 2k people voted it 5/5 and 1k people voted it 1/5

It takes awhile for the audience score to settle on RT - barring any barrage of actual spamming like what happened with Jigsaw or Spider-Man (2002)

Why spiderman?

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

20th Century Fox is reporting $350K at 2,385 locations for Blue Sky Studios’ Ferdinand.

This is Glourious and astonishing.

How Does this compare to other animated movies in December?

• Like 1