CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

More often than not sequelitis entails lesser than TFA's multi and 185-190 ow. Still humongous for December, beating Hobbit1 (#2 Dec ow)  by 100m+.

I agree - you saw I thought that exact number a few pages ago (and could be as low as $168.75M in my "Math", and I don't wanna see that kinda number)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DARth DAR said:

Hey can you guys keep talking about the audience score.  I mean I don't think we've covered that and it would really help the conversation

when it has continued to plummet over the past 24 hours in a box office forum you can expect people to continue to discuss it.

• Like 2

I almost want to spoil myself to get perspective on those RT audience reviews...I mean, I can see 2 major things that could make that number happen, especially if RT attracts "older" reviewers (ie - those 40+ who saw the OT on screen as little kids+)...messing up Carrie Fisher's exit and messing up Luke's arc...don't tell me if I'm right, but these audience scores (after the critical reviews) would have been as unimaginable to me as JL under $100M OW...but somehow they are happening...

And I can't see trolling b/c that hasn't happened to Disney movies before on the site...and if you thought there was gonna be trolling, it probably would have happened to Thor (JL fans trying to weaken it) or Coco (doesn't need to be said) more than Star Wars...

Edited by TwoMisfits

4 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Coco is a WOM monster!

I think despite hitting a speed bump this weekend due to SW8 and Ferd is the Word, 240+ is set. 

It's trending better than Moana and the initial 5-day 9m gap has not extrapolated to anything more.

Gap's still 9m and will decrease over the holidays I think. Even otherwise shouldn't go below 235.

235/245/255 low/real/high imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well we discuss RT scores almost in every weekend thread as an early indication of wom so I fail to see why suddenly using it is so stupid.

Find where anyone ever cared about the RT Audience score. I'll wait.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The reactions on BOT alone shows the movie is quite polarizing to say the least.

What  would better? Everyone agreeing a movie is "decent" or half thinking it is one of the best films in the franchise and the other half thinking its one of the worst?

We are in the second example right now. People insist its one of the best while others insist it is one of the worst. Very little in between.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And I can't see trolling b/c that hasn't happened to Disney movies before on the site...and if you thought there was gonna be trolling, it probably would have happened to Thor (JL fans trying to weaken it) or Coco (doesn't need to be said) more than Star Wars...

I haven't even thought about this, but yeah, there are legitimate reasons for the Alt-right to troll Coco on both imdb and RT, yet it's doing amazing on both sites!

This 60% RT audience score thing really surprised me, that's such a sudden change in attitude that I didn't see coming.

Lmao at anyone who thinks the RT audience score (where like 70k people voted to this point) means anything, when the fate of this movies WOM among the GA is decided by the millions of people watching The Last Jedi this weekend.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1