CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

If we use the RT Audience score often, it shouldn't be difficult to verify.

However, we don't use that score. Rarely, if ever. Literally the only time it's ever brought up is for the DCEU.

In every w/e thread wrathofhan writes about audience score and 2-3 people reply to him. It has never been this big. But it has been in every w/e thread. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

I think that 100m OD and the 55m true Friday it requires is tough. 55m would be a 22% bump from 45m previews. 

45 + 50 (+11%) = 95 OD is more realistic imo. Comparable to TFA's

57 + 62.1 (+9%)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

Just now, The Futurist said:

Can't wait for the condescending think pieces about Star Wars fanboys & their reaction to LJ.

:bouncy:

I am already writing a petition to see the real version that Rian made before the Fox deal. :circles:

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't know, but there was some very strange manipulation of its score years after it was out.  It has over 34 MILLION ratings and the score dropped from the 90s down to I think the 50s then back to the mid 60s.

A lot of movies have 30 million+ ratings: School of Rock, ROTK, POTC 1, Finding Nemo, Fast and furious 2, Bruce Almighty, Love Actually, Kill Bill 1, Mean Girls, The Notebook, Shrek 2, Meet the Fockers, The Day After Tomorrow, 50 First Dates, A Cinderella Story, The Incredibles, White Chicks, Harry Potter 4, Narnia 1, King Kong, Star Wars III, Mr and Mrs Smith, Wedding Crashers, War of the Worlds, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Longest Yard, Sin City, Saw II, Hitch, Spider Man 1, Austin Powers 3, The Ring, 8 Mile, About a Boy, Braveheart, Matrix, Titanic, American Pie, Pretty Woman, Ace Ventura 1, Rocky, ET, Donnie Darko, Scary Movie, Ocean's Eleven, 10 Things I Hate About You.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

This really has no basis

But I think TLJ will be more backloaded the SW7 over the weekend in its Previews to weekend ration. 

Just a gut feeling. 

It makes sense, TFA had more rush factor.  I believe seeing presales indicated TLJ's weekend was looking more spread than TFA (not sure but about RO though)

Over 200m seems likely 

• Like 1

seriously guys the week end thread is begin to piss me off.....

If it continue to backlash and trash TLJ i m gonna quit early.... Right now its cancer it s not fun it has bad vibre in it......

Miss the old days of The avengers week end or JW.... seriously if you want to destroy TLJ go in the spoiler thread.

I love this forum since 2012 i m every days on it but sometimes some of you are really junk.... seriously....

It s the box office thread let s talk BOX OFFICE and if you think OMG OMG SW only did 45 m ahah you are insane....

SW 8 gonna make a fuck ton of money don't worry Disney will not cancel episode 9 Rian johnson will no be excomuniate....

Just enjow a big release and CHILL damn it....

First time in about 5 years i m piss off seriously it s like 12 years old kid discussion.

Grew up a little.

Angry mode end.

Enjoy your week end :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Last Panda said:

It makes sense, TFA had more rush factor.  I believe seeing presales indicated TLJ's weekend was looking more spread than TFA (not sure but about RO though)

Over 200m seems likely 

Presales way misled on JL until the last 2 days...maybe this is gonna go the same way...for JL, walk ups also didn't materialize as expected, at least OW...