CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Can we take a moment to ask why they chose Rian Johnson, a man whose never made a good movie in his life, to take on a Star Wars sequel.

3 mediocre movies: Looper, Brick and The Brothers Bloom.

You're shooting yourself in the foot here, why on earth didn't they take on a more accomplished director whose got some good movies under their belt. Also why wouldn't they write the scripts for all 3 movies together if they're already planned?

All good questions.  But a story for another time.  (to quote Maz)

i agree with you btw.

• Like 3

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Jonnyboy that's not confusing in the slightest, the IMBD score got ratings from people who hadn't seen the film yet.

So did the RT score. It includes all the ratings posted prior to the movie opening, which was at around 55k.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The thing is with Cinemascore, they poll the first night. Which is full of fanboys.

Cinemascore should really consider polling in the second or third weekends. They actually liked my tweet about that so maybe they’re thinking about it. 

It would be better in a way, but if they waited the third weekend nobody would care about it and their score wouldn't be included in (some) box office reports.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not really. IMDB users are notorious for rating films before they’ve even been released. Trolls have ruined online rating systems.

Wont be long til IMDB does away with that feature all together, similar to netflix. 

They're not going to get rid of it. It's still useful for movies that are out of the public eye, and the troll votes will be overtaken by the actual moviegoer votes by the time the hype dies down.

5 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I don't know if I really believe that RT audience score yet, I mean the IMDB score is still strong. It's confusing if so. 

Fanboy movies on IMDB always start out strong because thousands of people vote before watching. Once they do an update tomorrow, I would guess the average rating is below Force Awakens. It will decline further as more and more people see the film (this happens to all movies). Force Awakens was at 8.7/10 after about a week of release and almost 186,000 votes. Last Jedi is at 8.2/10 with about 40,000 votes right now. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20151223115344/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/reference

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That was “want to see” ratings. Not out of 5.

Most of it, yes. But RT does allow you to rate movies before they open. Movies opening next year like JW2 and IW have several 5 stars already lol.