CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

So, basically what I was trying to tell everyone on Friday morning.  The "pros" all came to the exact same conclusion I was giving everyone here.  Fuckers likely even stole it right from me!  =)

But...but...the childhoods of so many...fans...ruined...

:hahaha::hahaha:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christmas baumer said:

Okay so I now must eat a huge steaming pile of crow because I saw it a second time this morning and fuck me but I liked it a lot more this time. I still don't agree with some of the choices that they made but everything just made more sense this time. So everybody I apologize for shiting on Star Wars LOL

*catches up*

This is two years in a row now, Baumer. :D

I think you should be forbidden from talking about SW until you see it at least twice. :P;)

(joking, of course | love ya and your passion [love or hate], obv :))

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

*catches up*

This is two years in a row now, Baumer. :D

I think you should be forbidden from talking about SW until you see it at least twice. :P;)

(joking, of course | still love ya, obv :))

I agree with you.  :)

I even told Tele and a few others yesterday that I shouldn't say anything until I see it a second time.  I was so mad yesterday that I had no choice but to express that.  But I think you are right.  I need two viewings to process it all.  :)

• Like 5

All kidding aside, one thing I love and respect about @Christmas baumer is that he is absolutely not afraid to change his mind about things when it's appropriate and say so publicly. 

If more of us were that willing to change strongly held beliefs if appropriate, the world would be a much better place.  Cheers for being you, Baumer. gatsby-thanks.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Only 33% of TLJ's audience was female? That's shockingly low. 

The majority of fans who would race to see TLJ on OW are male. The difference between genders will be much lower overall in the end.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

All kidding aside, one thing I love and respect about @Christmas baumer is that he is absolutely not afraid to change his mind about things when it's appropriate and say so publicly. 

If more of us were that willing to change strongly held beliefs if appropriate, the world would be a much better place.  Cheers for being you, Baumer. gatsby-thanks.png

You do realize that we're talking about changing opinions on movies right? lol at the hyperbole as if making it seem like it's a tough thing to express your honest opinion about movies and change them later.

This is not an attack on baumer, he's a great guy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

You do realize that we're talking about changing opinions on movies right? lol at the hyperbole as if making it seem like it's a tough thing to express your honest opinion about movies and change them later.

New to the internet, are we?

any chance this can hold up and make 60M Sunday, or is the 3d share for this from TFA just too drastic.  I suspect they added alot more 2D showings for TLJ and TFA could just go 50/50 with 2d/3d and kill it with families.  Or maybe there is a 50/50 split of 2d/3d for TLJ too and the families are just boycotting the 3D (when 2 years ago they were maybe lured to the 3D).  Anyways, I am very disappointed in the numbers for everything and I will always continue to be.  (except Deadpool)

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

New to the internet, are we?

I wish I was even joking, BTW.  And, I suppose I am slightly.  But how often do we see people dig in their heels about the littlest thing and refuse to change their minds about things in regards to entertainment?  Instead going into point scoring and whatabouting in an attempt to deflect the possibility that they should re-examine their beliefs if something or good or not.

It would be very easy to go into something with a closed-mindset refusing to give something another chance.

And, I'm sorry*, but thinking that the internet being slightly less toxic would lead to a better world is in fact something I believe in. :)

* No, I'm not. ;)

===

As an example, I went into Harry Potter films extremely skeptically.  I was one of those people chucking snide comments on the sidelines. Saw the first one and... decided it was allight, but was still hostile to the series in an Internet Hipster sense.  

By the time the fourth film came around, I realized how silly that stance was.  I became a much bigger fan of the books (and I really love the books) than the movies, but that's neither here nor there.  I now see just how well crafted all the films were and how juvenile my prior stances was, and I'm not at all afraid to defend the HPs films when the need arises.

And, yes, that insipid Franchise War thread should be a prime example of what I am taking about when it comes to refusing to reexamine beliefs.

So, can't say I agree @Noctis. :)

*gets off soapbox*

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1