CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

1 hour ago, filmscholar said:

Amazing performance.  It literally barely dropped off from TFA by only about 25-27 Million.   Considering TFA burned off 10 Years of demand after "Sith" and "Rogue One" came out last year.  That makes these numbers more impressive.  It proves that Star Wars has the most consistent fanbase in Film History.   And it's a 4-Quadrant Blockbuster that hits damn near every demo.   700 is the floor because Star Wars averages over a 3x Multiplier which it gets in it's sleep.  

My row yesterday was a microcosm of this. Me and my 2 daughters (they are 5 and 6). A family with teenage children. 2 little old ladies watching together, a middle aged couple (late 40s I would guess) and a group of college aged people. This was just on my row. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

A 20% Sunday drop is way way too high.  And I like that Disney is going that high.  We all know it's going to fall less than 15%.  My 9:55 AM show was 90% sold out.

one reason it could be that much is it is a bit farther away from the Holidays unlike the others but going up is more likely I'd say

19 minutes ago, jjack339 said:

My row yesterday was a microcosm of this. Me and my 2 daughters (they are 5 and 6). A family with teenage children. 2 little old ladies watching together, a middle aged couple (late 40s I would guess) and a group of college aged people. This was just on my row. 

How was it for your two daughters?

57 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Really, really hoping SOLO moves to December. Not only are audiences loving Star Wars in general, but you get the feeling they're embracing it as a Christmas tradition. Everyone I know knows well ahead of time they'll be going to see Star Wars at Christmas time. It just seems agiven.

I agree...it becomes the easy "Christmas present/family get-together" that appeals to everyone...

I would push out or pull forward Mary Poppins to make room for this movie for Christmas...I think Aquaman would move forward if Solo moves and I don't think anything else really would affect this movie...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

Has Pixar ever blown up in China?

Never.  Coco is on pace to make more than every Pixar movie released in China combined.   It's currently at 1.023B Yuan ~ $154m

20 hours ago, Olive Skywalker said:

COCO may challenge 190M USD if it keeps decent amount screens next week, 180M is locked anyway.

Beating POTC5 as Disney's highest grossing movie of 2017 is more likely than not.

Make more money than ALL PIXAR releases befor COCO(around 1.15B yuan) is a sure thing!

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

Just now, Brainbug said:

You know, i often shit on the prequels (and sometimes on the Ewoks), but:

Thank you George Lucas for giving us Star Wars.

Agreed.  You can disilke some of the execution.  But I'll forever be thankful to Lucas overall

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

Okay so I now must eat a huge steaming pile of crow because I saw it a second time this morning and fuck me but I liked it a lot more this time. I still don't agree with some of the choices that they made but everything just made more sense this time. So everybody I apologize for shiting on Star Wars LOL

33 likes in an hour, hot damn

26 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Did you give it a perfect score though?

It's a 9 right now; the movie is growing on me the more I think about it. I'll probably see it again in January.

Oh, and I didn't get the Mortal Engines trailer :whosad: A Quiet Place looks amazing in IMAX at least!