CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Star Wars in December is the box office gold mine of the 2010s.

1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $247,966,675 26.5% 4,134 $59,982 $936,662,225 12/18/15
2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi BV $220,047,000 100.0% 4,232 $51,996 $220,047,000 12/15/17
3 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story BV $155,081,681 29.1% 4,157 $37,306 $532,177,324 12/16/16

Yep, just ahead of the Marvel first weekend of May slot.

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

This lol - never understand the disdain between the two franchises.

The Marvel vs DC of the 80s/90s. They all old now but they'll still throw a few punches if instigated

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Next year will be interesting for sure, the holiday season especially I have a hard time finding out which film will be the highest grosser in December.

Really, really hoping SOLO moves to December. Not only are audiences loving Star Wars in general, but you get the feeling they're embracing it as a Christmas tradition. Everyone I know knows well ahead of time they'll be going to see Star Wars at Christmas time. It just seems agiven.

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Next year will be interesting for sure, the holiday season especially I have a hard time finding out which film will be the highest grosser in December.

Bumblebee

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

$448m. It's likely gonna pass Justice League. 

I never saw that coming to be honest. One of the surprises this year for me. Any chance at overtaking Pets?

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I never saw that coming to be honest. One of the surprises this year for me. Any chance at overtaking Pets?

Unlikely as Pets did better domestically. Coco's probably gonna end up somewhere around 800m, fairly short of Pets $875mww. Still an impressive number considering how few people seem to expect it to do well prior. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

$448m. It's likely gonna pass Justice League. 

It will for sure...

JL is gonna end with around $ 650M worldwide

Coco should have numbers like:

$ 220 - 230M domestic [more if it could manage better jumps and drops than Moana for the next 2 weeks]

$ 180 - 185m China

$ 55M in Mexico

$ 50 - 75M in Japan

$ 200 - 250M in the rest of the world

Less than $ 700M for Coco seems unrealistic right now, it has a good shot in $ 800M

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Really, really hoping SOLO moves to December. Not only are audiences loving Star Wars in general, but you get the feeling they're embracing it as a Christmas tradition. Everyone I know knows well ahead of time they'll be going to see Star Wars at Christmas time. It just seems agiven.

I also think they definitely should (and hopefully will) move it to Dec.  Star Wars in Dec is almost tradition now and fits the holiday season, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

It will for sure...

JL is gonna end with around $ 650M worldwide

Coco should have numbers like:

$ 220 - 230M domestic [more if it could manage better jumps and drops than Moana for the next 2 weeks]

$ 180 - 185m China

$ 55M in Mexico

$ 50 - 75M in Japan

$ 200 - 250M in the rest of the world

Less than $ 700M for Coco seems unrealistic right now, it has a good shot in $ 800M

The China number is the most impressive. It's been a long while since a Pixar original blew up there. I'd say Coco's final gross will fall slightly sort of or within range of $800m. That's nothing to be disappointed about. 

• Like 1