CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I just hope it's nobody close to me. Gonna be unfortunate when a lot of people lose jobs though. It's one of the reasons why I wasn't entirely in support of the Disney / Fox merger to begin with. 

I really feel sorry for you and your relatives. Some analyst are talking about 5000 to 10000 layoff when Disney take full control of  Fox. I just hope these numbers are not true! It is all about money and capitalism at the end!

• Like 2

Just now, Finnick said:

I really feel sorry for you and your relatives. Some analyst are talking about 5000 to 10000 layoff when Disney take full control of  Fox. I just hope these numbers are not true! It is all about money and capitalism at the end!

Thank you. As unfortunate as it appears I really hope things turn out for the best.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

More hyped for Incredibles 2 than I am for either.

I'm only interested in 4/5 blockbuster next year: Panther, Mary Poppins, IW, Venom and FB 

I think Incredibles 2 will be big in USA( + $ 440M) and more family friendly but IW is the culmination of the entire MCU 

• Like 1

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

I'm only interested in 4/5 blockbuster next year: Panther, Mary Poppins, IW, Venom and FB 

I think Incredibles 2 will be big in USA( + $ 440M) and more family friendly but IW is the culmination of the entire MCU 

I can see TI2 over IW domestic.

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Thank you. As unfortunate as it appears I really hope things turn out for the best.

That’s all we can do now.

I’m also curious what happens to Fox’s animated films 2019 and beyond like Blue Sky’s Spies In Disguise and Nimona, Fox’s Call of The Wild and Bob’s Burgers Movie and Locksmith’s Ron Gone Wrong.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m also curious what happens to Fox’s animated films 2019 and beyond like Blue Sky’s Spies In Disguise and Nimona, Fox’s Call of The Wild and Bob’s Burgers Movie and Locksmith’s Ron Gone Wrong.

My guess is Blu Sky will be sold to another studio - Paramount, Sony, Lionsgate.  Even WB.  Universal like Disney already has two Animated studios.  It would have helped though if Ferdinand had done better and Ice Age wasn't on it's last legs.   The sale won't be final for another 12-18 months so other projects will depend on how far along they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

My guess is Blu Sky will be sold to another studio - Paramount, Sony, Lionsgate.  Even WB.  Universal like Disney already has two Animated studios.  It would have helped though if Ferdinand had done better and Ice Age wasn't on it's last legs.   The sale won't be final for another 12-18 months so other projects will depend on how far along they are.

True. Guessing Disney make take over Locksmith’s distribution deal with Fox then.

This year, Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday. That'll deflate the second weekend numbers and I would expect a similar drop to that of Rogue One last year.

Also expect a bunch of think-pieces next week on how "people clearly reject TLJ " if it drops more than 55% and then point out The Force Awakens 39.8% drop whose second weekend was inflated by having Christmas Day on Friday.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

He is truly as good as it gets at his profession.

One of the film composers (I think it was the guy who writes music for the Marvel movies) in the documentary "Score" had a good quote. Something to the effect of, "as good as his reputation is, and as good as everyone says he is, he's even better than that."

He's on a level with Gershwin, Copland, Bernstein, Ellington, etc. Towering figure in American music and unquestionably the greatest film composer of all time. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Imma leave this here.

Many DCEU twitter accounts went crazy, haha!

All Disney is the enemy to them now, not just Marvel. LOL

32 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I could the majority of them getting the ax unfortunately. I think most of those films are barely in production. 

• Sad 1