CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I haven't seen any Hunger Game movies since the first (as I mentioned back when this thread was created), but Mockingjay is a baaaaaaad book. That shit was excruciating to read.

And the fact they split it into two only made it more excruciating to watch it, especially Part 1, where pretty much nothing actually happens, leaving Part 2 to basically wrap the whole thing up, and it didn't wrap it up very well in my opinion.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The Jungle Book did  $364/$966m

TLK did almost $100m domestic in it's 3D re-release in 2011. 

It dwarfs Beauty & The Beast in popularity.  It dwarfs Frozen.

Ben-Hur and Ghostbusters are just as big of hits adjusted for inflation as TLK. Didn't see their remakes smashing any box office records.

Obviously I'm well aware that's not an apples to apples  comparison to TLK by any stretch, but I'm saying that using the original's gross as why the remake "HAS" to gross that much or more is incredibly flawed logic. The BatB live action remake clearly struck some kind of chord with audiences in the marketing. Otherwise it never would have been able to do over twice as well as the animated one did. Again, the young female demo was out en masse for that movie, and people aren't realizing TLK won't have that. It is much more in Alice and Jungle Book's lane as far as demo goes. 

• Like 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Ben-Hur and Ghostbusters are just as big of hits adjusted for inflation as TLK. Didn't see their remakes smashing any box office records.

Obviously I'm well aware that's not an apples to apples  comparison to TLK by any stretch, but I'm saying that using the original's gross as why the remake "HAS" to gross that much or more is incredibly flawed logic. The BatB live action remake clearly struck some kind of chord with audiences in the marketing. Otherwise it never would have been able to do over twice as well as the animated one did. Again, the young female demo was out en masse for that movie, and people aren't realizing TLK won't have that. It is much more in Alice and Jungle Book's lane as far as demo goes. 

I don't know what to tell ya! Seems we all disagree with you on this. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

ben hur no millennial appeal 80s/90s nostalgia is what's running the show. ghostbusters wasn't the exact same fucking thing shot for shot so nobody cared.