CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Disney needs to move Han Solo to Christmas. They just need to make this an official Christmas tradition and be done with it.

They should move it for post-production purposes not for the reason your are saying. Han Solo won't even top Rogue One's OW numbers.

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Don't you DARE start writing giant paragraphs of text.

Believe me, I do not have the patience.

That or I'll just start copy and pasting some essays I've already written. Anyone interested in the Cambrian explosion?

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

33 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

that whole series just felt like it sped outta people's minds real fast. might have to blame it on those last two movies being total inert duds.

Coolio, I love you, but that comment is really hyperbolic. Fair enough, I gave MJ1 a C, but MJ2 was an A (would have been among the greats if it weren't for the horrible Peeta/Katniss romance). 

• Like 1

Holiday 2018 predictions:

Aquaman: $85M/$315M

Poppins: $80M/$300M

Spiderverse: $25M/$175M

Mortal Engines: $50M/$165M

Bohemian: $20M/$90M

Bumblebee: $15M/$80M

If Disney moves Solo to the holidays is where it’ll get even more interesting.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

Just now, Noctis said:

Coolio, I love you, but that comment is really hyperbolic. Fair enough, I gave MJ1 a C, but MJ2 was an A (would have been among the greats if it weren't for the horrible Peeta/Katniss romance). 

it is i actually thought part 1 was ok had some interesting thematics the propaganda war was an interesting element you don't see in blockbusters but part 2 was so goddamn lame. bored out of my mind. i don't even remember what happens in that one except when julianne moore dies.

• Like 1

I wanna say something...The Last Jedi is the only film in the entire Star Wars saga that made me think so much. It's undoubtedly too long, but there were some scenes that were so breathtaking I can't help but love a lot of it. Why I love much of The Last Jedi, despite its pacing and a few unnecessary character arcs, is its shockingly powerful representation of women. I'm not politically correct (at all), but common sense is common sense. For fuck's sake, it was fantastic and emotionally powerful to see women being such an integral part of the universe. 

• Like 12

If it really only does fall 10M from TFAs gigantic opening, that is really damn impressive. I was not predicting that based off the hype I've seen.

One of my grocery stores is basically Star Wars R Us right now though. They have flyers and merchandise everywhere. Not sure if Disney gave the exclusive rights to Winn Dixie or something.

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it is i actually thought part 1 was ok had some interesting thematics the propaganda war was an interesting element you don't see in blockbusters but part 2 was so goddamn lame. bored out of my mind. i don't even remember what happens in that one except when julianne moore dies.

why do you throw me for a loop you bastard