grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

As you seem to be the looniest SW loonie ive seen yet, what is your favourite SW movie? Im curious :)

I really don’t have one, to be honest because it depends so much on my mood at the time. I love them all equally but sometimes I’m not in the mood to see a downer even if it’s fantastic like ESB and ROTS. Other times I love it haha so I mix it up. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm not trying to manage expectations here, but Rogue One jumped 69% on Xmas Sunday. To be fair it then jumped another 24% from that jump on the following Monday (Boxing Day).  So I won't be surprised at all to see less than a 100% jump on this XMas Monday.

Personally, I think if any day hits near or over 40m then it’s tuesday.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Something like 36 today and 40 tomorrow would not surprise me. 

Which would mean TLJ earns more on the first two weekdays after its 2nd weekend than on its 2nd weekend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Which would mean TLJ earns more on the first two weekdays after its 2nd weekend than on its 2nd weekend.

Which while not likely isn't an impossibility due to which days they are. Something that several of us tried to tell everyone last week.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure I can see it increasing this Tuesday. It didn't happen last week, and I think that this Monday has more inflating than there was on that first Monday. I think there will be a small decrease.

That being said, I'll be the first to admit I'm rubbish at predicting these things. We'll see how it goes I guess.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Not sure I can see it increasing this Tuesday. It didn't happen last week, and I think that this Monday has more inflating that first Monday. I think there will be a small decrease.

That being said, I'll be the first to admit I'm rubbish at predicting these things. We'll see how it goes I guess.

I personally do not see it increasing either. Discount Tuesday can only do so much at such high volume. However staying above 30m (depending of course on where today ends up) is almost a certainty 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Not sure I can see it increasing this Tuesday. It didn't happen last week, and I think that this Monday has more inflating than there was on that first Monday. I think there will be a small decrease.

Last tuesday most kids were at school. Tomorrow all kids will be on holidays. Maybe from that point, the tuesday behavior might not be as last week's, as wed and thu will also stay flat from last week or even bump a little. Only time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

No way a "stronger" Christmas Eve has anything to do with the increase on CD. It's one of the busiest days of the year. 125% jump is pretty average. Even a 100% jump gets it to close to 36.

Percentage jumps are no constants.

It doesn't make it a weak CD, if increases are slower, when CE was comparably stronger than it was in recent years. 
It's something that was going on for a couple of years now. CE overall seems to get more of a moviegoing day recently.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

December 26 is historically a bigger box office day than the 25th. For instance, Rogue One increased 20% from Christmas sunday last year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

December 26 is historically a bigger box office day than the 25th. For instance, Rogue One increased 20% from Christmas sunday last year.

Well, I did say I was rubbish at predicting these things :lol:

Hopefully you're right. I want big numbers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

It would be awesome to see TLJ posting the biggest non-opening weekday number of all time (surpassing TFA 40M first Monday), especially in context to the doomsayers here.

Otoh, if it doesnt do that, my post will be mocked in the future :lol:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I keep seeing Commuter ads on Spotify. There's also a film-promoted best of 2017 playlist which I'm listening to now. STOP THIS MADNESS, LIONSGATE! :ohmygod: 

All in on the Neeson train.

• Haha 1

None of the hobbit movies increased that much from the 25th to 26th and they all had normal ticket prices for the 26th, Hobbit 3 only increased 19% at that was a Friday.  TFA and Rogue One both lacked a Tuesday increase until the 4th week of release when school was back in.  I'll be very surprised by an increase tomorrow.