grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmao if it had Balboa holds, 600 would be in danger. Disney might secretly kill Johnson and replace him with a clone in that case. 

Now you’re just being dramatic lol

15 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Seems impossible, but then again so is Jonathan’s comparison with Pursuit of Happyness. Would end up at $1.1 billion domestic if it followed that film’s run. 

I think 550-560m is a very likely total by NYD based on its number today. That said, I expect the way it gets there to differ much more from Eragon's pattern. For example, Mon should be its highest day next week, not Tue, Wed, and Thu. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I think the only reason legs are not up to par is the obvious reason. 

Racist, sexist fan-babies, obviously!

The daily numbers told the tale (plus the alarmingly low merchandising/toy sales). Some rightfully said "Possibly but let's wait and see..." and others simply refused to acknowledge the signs at all.

27 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Lmao as if the alt right is the cause of this. Please sit down. 

Lmao, who said they were the cause?

But they will feel validated and empowered by TLJ underwhelming at the box office.

They're probably buying tiki torches at home depot right now.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2017 at 4:48 AM, IronJimbo said:

My biggest kink is a bit weird hehe.. I've lost 2 gf to it lol. After I'm comfortable with a new gf I tell them that my kink is blue body paint, like all over. Then I teach them a couple lines in na'vi to speak when I'm slamming them.

Glorious. Epic. The best post in this forum's history and nothing will ever top it.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Rocky Balboa is the other movie from '06 with a similar Friday jump as TLJ. With Balboa-ish holds:

Sat: 26m (+5%)

Sun: 10m (-61%)

Mon: 24m (+140%)

Tue: 22m (-8%)

Wed: 16m (-27%)

Thu: 14.5 (-9%)

Fri: 19m (+31%)

Sat: 21m (+10%)

Sun: 12m (-43%)

Mon: 16m (+33%)

Total: 502m

Ummm, that would put #1 for the year in play...and I'll admit, I said that was impossible after OW even with the GA feedback...

I'm gonna stick with "that's impossible"...for now...

54 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Its never that simplistic.

When the director takes everything set up by JJ in SW7 and throw out the window to seem edgy and cool and says fuck off to fans.

What you thin would happen? 

The truth is the fan or alt right backlash isn't the main problem.

The problem is, for most people, the movie is kind of slow with unrelatable fanservice here and there.

Honestly the general audience would love watching Darth Luke Skywalker and Gay Jedi Jar Jar fight with Rey being shipped with the black guy if the movie is highly entertaining.

They don't care what fanboys or the alt right wants.

Edited by grey ghost

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The fact that some people will give a movie credit based on the fanservice in it being strong is a scary thought to me.

Wut?

As a fan I give TLJ a 9 for fanservice and a 7 for the rest of the film.

So a solid 8.

I feel the same about Civil War.

How is that "scary"? Lol.

58 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

"We won! We won! We convinced Hollywood we prefer safe shit like TFA and meme farms like ROTS over risky and discussion worthy SW movies! And we made the alt right and MRA's feel validated at the same time! We won!"

I knew right when I saw that audience score that 9 is going to played as safe as ever. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Racist, sexist fan-babies, obviously!

The daily numbers told the tale (plus the alarmingly low merchandising/toy sales). Some rightfully said "Possibly but let's wait and see..." and others simply refused to acknowledge the signs at all.

Where did you hear about the toy sales? 

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Ummm, that would put #1 for the year in play...and I'll admit, I said that was impossible after OW even with the GA feedback...

I'm gonna stick with "that's impossible"...for now...

How would this put #1 for the year in play? If it's at $502M by January 1st, it needs only $2 million more to become #1 of the year (after a $16M Monday according to the above projection). Sure, anything is possible, and I'm always wanting to stay open minded, but this is as close as you get to not being possible. The Last Jedi would really have to fall off a cliff next week.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The fact that some people will give a movie credit based on the fanservice in it being strong is a scary thought to me.

Rogue one clearly shows how to balance making a good film with fan service.

In the end making a Star Wars movie is about making something Star War fans will like. 

• Like 1