grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

33 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Fun fact:  Rogue One had a 59% drop with Christmas landing its Sunday.

Now maybe I'm going senile, but I sure don't recall people saying it was the end of the world during that weekend.

Except if you removed Xmas eve and replace it with Xmas numbers TLJ would still have a 61% drop 

26 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Jumanji already down to the first two or three rows almost everywhere tomorrow, could be heading well past 200 if it keeps holding up like this. Rock needs a couple last hits before his presidential run.

My early 2018 new year's resolution - don't predict The Rock movies until the week of release - my 2 biggest "before the year" blown calls (not named The Star) both involved him.  I totally reversed which one would fly and which one would sink:)...

So, in 2018 predictions, my prediction is I won't predict The Rock:)...at least til 48 hours before OD:)...

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Fun fact:  Rogue One had a 59% drop with Christmas landing its Sunday.

Now maybe I'm going senile, but I sure don't recall people saying it was the end of the world during that weekend.

But Porthos!  RO didnt have a ROTTEN Flixter score.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Will Disney’s Hyperdrive ‘Star Wars’ Release Slate Put the Franchise at Risk?

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-star-wars-release-schedule-1202640013/

LET THE THINKPIECES BEGIN

OFFS.

Another article to refuse to give a click.

I'll give CJohn a reaction boost, however. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

OFFS.

Another article to refuse to give a click.

I'll give CJohn a reaction boost, however. :ph34r:

Just wait for the headlines when Solo: A Star Wars Story "crumbles" to 300-350M :hahaha:

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Just wait for the headlines when Solo: A Star Wars Story "crumbles" to 300-350M :hahaha:

Well, to be fair, if its production budget is $300M and it only makes $300M DOM (a match of that budget), that would also be "not good"...

I mean, when Valerian came out, we held its production budget against its performance...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Jumanji’s debut is really good! It should finish between $150-$160 million domestic. 

Pitch Pefect 3’s debut isn’t horrible but should have some legs but may not make

$100 million.

Downsizing, Father Figures, and Showman... ouch. Paramount needs to think about their future in 2018 if they want to be alive at the end of the decade. Father Figures is a weak start for the stars but the studio behind it has had a strong year! Showman well it was too flashy. 

Jumanji should have reached $150m by Jan 1st...

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, several shows at my theater are already booked over 70-80%. That, TLJ, Money, and Showman are all selling like bonkers for tomorrow

All of the following movies have at least one sell-out around me for tomorrow:

All the Money in the World

Molly's Game

Pitch Perfect 3

Jumanji

The Last Jedi

The Shape of Water

Darkest Hour

Call Me by Your Name

It's gonna be a bonkers Christmas Day for sure.

• Like 1