Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VI: Return of the Jedi - Ballots (pick one for each category, only rank Best Picture) Due 3/2 at 11:59PM EST

13 minutes ago, DameronRoc said:

The forum has a hard-on for Bladerunner that the film really doesn't deserve.

Also, while I'm guilty of it, too, more people clearly needed to see I, Tonya. Maybe not BP material, but both Robbie and Janney deserved noms.

Had sexism not prevented my ass from submitting a ballot, I woulda nominated them after recently being scalped by thaaa movie.

On top, this forum has a hard-on for men with some basic ass humor...I'd only nominate a certain few...

And I understand  the academy not nominating a film and its performance that came out in January but how can you the Forum members forget about how great James Mcavoy was in Split. He played something like 10 different characters and he did it incredibly well. I'm truly disappointed that you guys did not nominate him for best actor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

And I understand  the academy not nominating a film and its performance that came out in January but how can you the Forum members forget about how great James Mcavoy was in Split. He played something like 10 different characters and he did it incredibly well. I'm truly disappointed that you guys did not nominate him for best actor.

You're right baumer. It's a shame the Academy forgets january movies. If Split had been released mid November, James McAvoy would have been nominated for best actor at the Oscars. Right?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tree Billboards said:

You're right baumer. It's a shame the Academy forgets january movies. If Split had been released mid November, James McAvoy would have been nominated for best actor at the Oscars. Right?

Perhaps. I just don't see how u nominate someone like Kaluuya over Mcavoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

I just saw that I was nominated again for most valuable poster. Very humbled but I don't feel worthy anymore. 

I no longer run the summer game, I haven't finished the history of amazing box office, and I'm not around nearly as much as I used to be. Thank you very much for the nomination, it's still nice to see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Mcavoy is like Oldman in Darkest Hour, playing extremely showy parts that doesn’t surprise you in any way whatsoever. It’s a fine performance, but I would rather vote for the ones that actually impressed me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Also I just realized Michael Shannon got snubbed too.  Big no no

he got Best Villain, I haven't seen the film but I would assume most people voted it because of his performance.

Unless you meant he got snubbed for his turn in POTTERSVILLE?

6 hours ago, DameronRoc said:

Also, while I'm guilty of it, too, more people clearly needed to see I, Tonya. Maybe not BP material, but both Robbie and Janney deserved noms.

Plenty of us have seen I, Tonya and aren't hot on it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DameronRoc said:

I really liked I, Tonya (and nominated Janney; Robbie barely missed my ballot) but most of the forum...hasn't. :lol:

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Looking at my worst film ballot

WORST FEATURE

Book of Henry

The Circle

Despicable Me 3

I, Tonya

The Mummy

the circle and book of Henry were definitely victims of being underseen because otherwise how do those miss.

The Circle was on my list. DM3 is riiiiight outside my bottom five but King Arthur is worse. Maybe I could have been the swinging vote for DM3? :jeb!: