Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VI: Return of the Jedi - Ballots (pick one for each category, only rank Best Picture) Due 3/2 at 11:59PM EST

9 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

I voted for Janey. Not Robbie -- I thought she did a good job but I felt there were better performances overall. McAvoy...? I enjoyed it but it also felt pretty gimmicky and broad. 

I voted for Janney as well.  She played an interesting monster.  Robbie's performance was a bit uneven for me - particularly in the interview bits. 

I didn't see Split, and while I liked Blade Runner enough to put it in my top 10 - Gosling - really?   I usually like him a lot but he gave the least interesting performance in the film.

Also, everyone --you voted for the wrong child in Best Supporting Actress.   Daphne Keen over McKenna Grace.   Bah.

Edited by TalismanRing

37 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I voted for Janney as well.  She played an interesting monster.  Robbie's performance was a bit uneven for me - particularly in the interview bits. 

I didn't see Split, and while I liked Blade Runner enough to put it in my top 10 - Gosling - really?   I usually like him a lot but he gave the least interesting performance in the film.

Also, everyone --you voted for the wrong child in Best Supporting Actress.   Daphne Keen over McKenna Grace.   Bah.

You meant Amiah Miller as the little girl in War for the planet of the apes, right?

Daphne Keen vs. Amiah Miller should have a fight to win BEST SILENT CHILD ACTRESS IN SCIENCE FICTION OF THE YEAR

Edited by Tree Billboards
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

I voted for Janey. Not Robbie -- I thought she did a good job but I felt there were better performances overall. McAvoy...? I enjoyed it but it also felt pretty gimmicky and broad. 

I failed you. You were my brother.

What happened to you Tele? You used to be someone I could trust.

• Haha 2

Kind of wish I would have watched Mudbound before this. it was much better then I thought it would be. I didn't know the central story was about friendship (well the best part of it anyways). Garrett Hedlund and Jason Mitchell were amazing. some of the film was uneven and am kind of surprised at the Cinematography nom and while Mary J. Blige was good, nothing really stood out about her performance imo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Kind of wish I would have watched Mudbound before this. it was much better then I thought it would be. I didn't know the central story was about friendship (well the best part of it anyways). Garrett Hedlund and Jason Mitchell were amazing. some of the film was uneven and am kind of surprised at the Cinematography nom and while Mary J. Blige was good, nothing really stood out about her performance imo. 

Agree. Agree. Agree. Agree. Disagree. Disagree. Disagree. :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i just checked and i'm the only person who's been nominated every year for funniest poster since we started these awards in 2012. officially makes me the meryl streep of the forum tbh. 

That also means you lost to fishnets and MrPink though

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Meryl Streep did lose to Sandra Bullock once upon a time.

if you're my sandra bullock then fishnets must be my... gwyneth paltrow? because there was like a year where people loved her but oh boy they turned real fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Pink saying he’s like Bullock is like Mark Wahlberg saying he would’ve singlehandedly stopped 9/11 if he were on the plane

I take offense to this Mark Wahlberg analogy given his comments towards Vietnamese people. :apocalypse:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2