Eric Loves Rey

West Side Story | 10 DEC 2021 | RIP Stephen Sondheim | Comes to Disney+ March 2nd

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

Wouldn't call it "decent," but it certainly did better than all HBO Max movies outside of GvK and Dune. 

How many movies that aren't big CGI blockbuster did better than it? Not The Last Duel, not The French Dispatch, or Stillwater, or Cry Macho, or...you get what I'm saying. House of Gucci is gonna do better, but outside of that, what other adult-oriented movie can even pass it by the end of the year? Maybe West Side Story.

16 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

How many movies that aren't big CGI blockbuster did better than it? Not The Last Duel, not The French Dispatch, or Stillwater, or Cry Macho, or...you get what I'm saying. House of Gucci is gonna do better, but outside of that, what other adult-oriented movie can even pass it by the end of the year? Maybe West Side Story.

Adult orientated as in mainly targeting 18-35 yr olds?   That's the age group that's been going to films.

35 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

West Side Story definitely will.

What I mean is the complete floppage of those other movies doesn't negate the fact that In the Heights disappointed theatrically. That being said, through HBO Max it certainly had more people watching it than those you mentioned. 

lmao the tomboy character got this banned in the same countries that banned Eternals due to the gay kiss. How long until they just ban all Disney movies?

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lmao the tomboy character got this banned in the same countries that banned Eternals due to the gay kiss. How long until they just ban all Disney movies?

In this version is the character trans instead of a tom boy and played by a non binary actor? 

Glad Disney aren’t budging. Don’t stoop to the level of these backwards countries. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, TalismanRing said:

Adult orientated as in mainly targeting 18-35 yr olds?   That's the age group that's been going to films.

I always see adult oriented at going after 25+ and normally displaying a moderate-to-large female skew, depending on the material...as you saw in the study this weekend, that demo is absolutely AWOL right now...

• Like 1