Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Even if Death Wish wasn't... what it was... Eli Roth is trash, Bruce Willis hasn't been in a good movie since Looper and seeing Joe Carnahan's name on it makes me sad.

Fingers crossed Glass kicks off that Willis comeback officially.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Because its fascist propaganda. It's openly racist and encourages more violence and carnage. It's everything wrong with our country distilled into a two hour movie. It exposes an evil ideology.

The first one is even worse, btw. I ain't one of the people that call it a classic or anything like that.

Ok, didnt know that. Original one was on my list of "classics" i need to wach some day, but seems like i should abandon that idea.

6 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

Decent start, I think the mixed reviews killed its potential.

this is the thing I don't like about rotten tomatoes and other aggregate sites. the film is being quite divisive - the positive reviews are really enthusiastic, and the negative reviews are well, really negative. Yet its 51% RT score suggests that it is average/mediocre, despite almost no critic saying that it is.

Same goes for mother! which half people hated and half loved, yet that says it is average.

Edited by Treeing Me Apart
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

6.9 (8.1 od)

8.6 (+25%)

5.3 (-38%)

= 22.0

Thats an aggressive Sunday hold given the Oscars are this weekend. I think 21m (or under) is more likely given the WOM that already seems weak.

• Like 2

Just now, Maxmoser3 said:

On this the Red Sparrow thread. 

I was being sarcastic. The marketing has seemed to focus on nothing but jennifer lawrence's nudity...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Not bad for Red Sparrow, and Death Wish. Red should do $18-$22 million OW, while Death Wish should do $15-$17 million OW which isn’t bad for its modest budget

Death Wish is doing 12.5M max

• Like 1