Finnick

Weekend thread | Deadline Friday Est. (p.11) ~ PR:U 10.1M, BP 4.4M, ICOI 3.7M, TR 2.8M, SG 2.7M, AWIT 2.1M, L,S 2.3M, P,AOC 1.5M, MS 1.45M, GN 1.2M, U 1.3M

8 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

True. Also, The Rock will be gone and forgotten in 5-10 years while Jake and Collin will still be working steadily. 

SureJan.gif

• Like 4

After this weekend Paramount will be back down to #11 studio for the year as Roadside Attraction passes it thanks to ICOI...... Actually they are already ahead of Paramount thanks to that movies weekdays, If Chappaquidik makes more than A Quiet Place Paramount drops down to #12 behind Entertainment studios.

Edited by Ledmonkey96
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 4
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Chewy said:

:kitschjob:

Yes, McAdams was the best thing about that season of TD but Kitsch was good in his role. Farrell was meh and the less said about Vaughn, the better. Season 1 was vastly superior in every regard, though.

29 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

After this weekend Paramount will be back down to #11 studio for the year as Roadside Attraction passes it thanks to ICOI...... Actually they are already ahead of Paramount thanks to that movies weekdays, If Chappaquidik makes more than A Quiet Place Paramount drops down to #12 behind Entertainment studios.

LOL! What a disaster studio they are.

A QUIET PLACE can't come soon enough.

37 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Shoulda just given the studio to Jason Blum.

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

True. Also, The Rock will be gone and forgotten in 5-10 years while Jake and Collin will still be working steadily. 

See you at the Premiere of Jumanji : Jumanjier 7 in 2035 Juliette.

• Like 1

Just saw Unsane and it left me feeling exactly the way I felt when I first saw the 1972 And original version of Last House on the Left. Actually literally shaking a little bit right now. The movie is brilliant from start to finish and as I was sitting in the theater watching it my insides just begin to get all twisted up. It's a shockingly amazingly brilliant film and it's one of the best films I've seen in my lifetime.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Just saw Unsane and it left me feeling exactly the way I felt when I first saw the 1972 And original version of Last House on the Left. Actually literally shaking a little bit right now. The movie is brilliant from start to finish and as I was sitting in the theater watching it my insides just begin to get all twisted up. It's a shockingly amazingly brilliant film and it's one of the best films I've seen in my lifetime.

So, Better than the last act of Pacific Rim Uprising ?

4 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Red Sparrow already out of the top 10? 

Image result for jennifer lawrence overacting gif

Yeah, it's not doing great domestically, and dropped 1100 more theaters this week.  I hope it crosses $50M DOM though, since it's drops have been decent.  It will probably depend on how many theaters it keeps and how long Fox keeps it in theaters. 

On the other hand, it is doing great overseas which is excellent for growing Jen's continued international base.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

Saturday evening and night at my theater. Big jump from yesterday for Black Panther, A Wrinkle in Time, I Can Only Imagine, and Game Night

Sold Total Seats Percent Sold
Sherlock Gnomes 29 524 5.5%
Pacific Rim 2 163 1,562 10.4%
Love, Simon 42 234 17.9%
I Can Only Imagine 89 156 57.1%
Black Panther 104 926 11.2%
Midnight Sun 14 234 6.0%
Paul 4 156 2.6%
Unsane 10 312 3.2%
Tomb Raider 25 234 10.7%
A Wrinkle in Time 52 234 22.2%
Strangers 2 4 78 5.1%
Red Sparrow 0 78 0.0%
Death Wish 4 78 5.1%
Game Night 30 156 19.2%

Heading out with friends to a brewery and won't be back until 9pm. So here are the numbers for this evening! I also included how many tickets the film's sold yesterday as comparison.

Notable Increases :) 

• Love, Simon, I Can Only Imagine, Black Panther, Unsane, A Wrinkle in Time, and Game Night

Notable Decreases :( 

• Sherlock Gnomes :lol:
  • Paul

The rest either matched yesterday's # or were just slightly below. 

Sold Total Seats Percent Sold Yesterday Same Time
Sherlock Gnomes 43 524 8.2% 84
Pacific Rim 2 212 1,562 13.6% 216
Love, Simon 90 234 38.5% 71
I Can Only Imagine 118 156 75.6% 82
Black Panther 136 926 14.7% 95
Midnight Sun 19 234 8.1% 19
Paul 8 156 5.1% 16
Unsane 30 312 9.6% 19
Tomb Raider 50 234 21.4% 54
A Wrinkle in Time 69 234 29.5% 25
Strangers 2 6 78 7.7% 2
Red Sparrow 0 78 0.0% 1
Death Wish 11 78 14.1% 11
Game Night 60 156 38.5% 19
  • Like 3

Wife and I contributed to Panther this weekend, first film we have seen in theaters since Shape of Water in January, not sure how we will see all we want to this summer, except the old-fashioned at home way *sigh*

Solid weekend though it appears to be. Spring Break's big effect is really showing in the Friday holds - that and the lack of theater space with 5(!) wide new releases. Every time we see the studios start to get smarter with their release strategies they give us months like March 2018 which is one giant F-up after another.....

Isle of Dogs - great start - maybe it can be a mid-level performer ala Budapest Hotel. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I understand but political significance is not going to have much effect if the product is unappealing. BP is a huge hit because it's great first and political importance is a gravy. But if it sucked, politics wouldn't help it much. It seems to me that AWiT had nothing to fall back on outside of "it's important that a WoC got this budget". That doesn't put butts in the seats any more than "Weinstein accusers to present Best Actor Award" was going to draw audience for the Oscars (in fact, ratings dropped like a stone and turned it into the least watched of all times). Most people (not all but most)  want to be entertained. If something doesn't look interesting/entertaining or smacks of Z-lister fest, they'll pass. 

I loved AWIT, but I agree with this post.

As far as audiences go, a film's political importance does not matter if the product itself doesn't sound/look appealing. If Wonder Woman and Black Panther had not intrinsically appealed to audiences, no amount of sociopolitical/cultural gravitas would have made them box office hits.

Fortunately, DuVernay will get another chance to prove her mettle as a blockbuster director with The New Gods, and hopefully, this time she will hit the mark. I am rooting for her. 

• Like 2