CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, I pretty much loved it.  Best Marvel movie since the Avengers.  I loved the battles, loved seeing all the heroes in one place together and loved Brolin as Thanos.  Almost cried twice as well.

9/10

:ohmygod:

A+ CINEMASCORE CONFIRMED

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, I pretty much loved it.  Best Marvel movie since the Avengers.  I loved the battles, loved seeing all the heroes in one place together and loved Brolin as Thanos.  Almost cried twice as well.

9/10

Baumer...you're scaring me now.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Expecting meltdowns if Infinity War OW DOM does not come in over Last Jedi OW DOM.

Gonna admit I am surprised at the lack of meltdowns over the 39m number.

Have we as a board finally... gulp... matured enough not to have a freakout over good numbers that nonetheless don't match sky-high expectations?

How disappointing, if true.  :lol:

• Disbelief 2

You know how you don't get banned?

Don't post spoilers and don't impersonate a banned member of this site.

Pretty simple.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

$39m is an awesome preview number. If it has a similar multiplier over the weekend compared to Civil War, it would end up close to $280m for the weekend. Even if it's more frontloaded than Civil War over the weekend, it probably still has a very good chance to make a run at TFA's $248m weekend number. Should be fun to watch.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Gonna admit I am surprised at the lack of meltdowns over the 39m number.

Have we as a board finally... gulp... matured enough not to have a freakout over good numbers that nonetheless don't match sky-high expectations?

How disappointing, if true.  :lol:

Wheres The Last Jedi crew when you need em'

1 minute ago, baumer said:

You know how you don't get banned?

Don't post spoilers and don't impersonate a banned member of this site.

Pretty simple.

I think all of them were looking to get banned except for MrPink.

• Thanks 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Wheres The Last Jedi crew when you need em'

But that's it though.  Even the TLJ weekend threads never really reached meltdown status, IMO.  Flaming over whether or not numbers were good, sure?  But not quite the meltdowns of days of yore. 

Just sad all the way around, really. :lol:

• Haha 1

We've already gotten like 6-7 bans, a couple of meltdowns over the demolishing of the record of Thursday nights for a superhero movie cause it fell behind two fucking Star Wars films (Star Wars, the Gods of pre-sales and frontloadedness on OW), @baumer loving a Marvel movie, @CJohn going mad with power, the Korean War coming to an end, Bill Cosby in jail..... and we're not even hours close to the 1st full OD estimates yet.

This weekend's gonna be one fucking hell of a ride :ohmygod:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Now that Baumer has chimed in as liking the film, I am almost tempted to go see it this weekend instead of next weekend. We desperately need the voice of someone who didn't like the film and given my general indifference to most comic book and MCU movies, that might just be me. I would almost definitely need to follow it up by seeing something I know I will like so there goes my Saturday it would seem.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Porthos said:

But that's it though.  Even the TLJ weekend threads never really reached meltdown status, IMO.  Flaming over whether or not numbers were good, sure?  But not quite the meltdowns of days of yore. 

Just sad all the way around, really. :lol:

I'm not sure I've experienced any meltdowns first hand.. maybe mrwicks actually