CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

So we're probably looking at around 230-235M. EDIT: I'd personally say OD could be around 100-105M. Still a big number but I knew that I people were overhyping it when they seemed so sure that the OW record would go down. The 57M Force Awakens did was nuts and taking away previews, still made roughly the same amount Avengers and Jurassic World did. 

Edited by Belle
Narrowed my guesses down
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Guys I've branched out from here and it's not going too well, they hit me with downvotes and called me a shill! How do I make reddit box office like me?

h2f37XO.png

Oh man, you made a big mistake going to a place where when they can't argue with you they just downvote you.

3 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

I wonder if IW will be like Han’s anti-WW, constantly overshooting what’ll actually be in reality.

Let's make sure he stays the hell away from the Merc With The Mouth then 

• Like 2

Great for AQP, hoping for 200.    

BP vs ST2 for the last top 5 slot interests me a fair bit.    

IW should pull a true FSS between TA’s 189 and adjusted 215, for 228-254. Probably on the lower end of that though, #2 opening looks quite likely right now.   

Getting to 600 off a 230 opening could be pretty rough sadly, though that RT audience score makes me slightly more hopeful for an A+ than before.

Just now, LaughingEvans said:

Oh man, you made a big mistake going to a place where when they can't argue with you they just downvote you.

I've got to wait 10 minutes to post now :wacko: forces everyone to appease each other

Friday will come in just over/under $100M. Saturday MCU event movies always impress - Ultron being sneaky outlier for a reason we're all well aware of - and Sunday MCU event movies generally dip but not drastically due to spillover. Just over/under $230M seems very likely to me. If the Friday number closes in on $105M somehow, something just over/under $240M could happen.

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

With 102 Fri, 230 is still on cards:

63 [102]

71 (+12.5%) [173]

57 (-20%) [230]

I actually have a stronger Sunday, and a slightly weaker Friday (and Saturday) to get to my Monday $230Mish guess (I have Sunday over true Friday by a hair)...Sunday drops for these big movies haven't been that bad, so I think it could be stronger than expected with older audiences definitely playing a key role in the box office...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

AQP:

Apr 27: 12M (4.4M weekdays, 153.9M Total)

May 4: 9.8M (3.3M weekdays, 167M Total)

May 11: 7.2M (2.6M weekdays, 176.8M Total)

May 18: 4.9M (1.7M weekdays, 183.4M Total)

May 25: 3.2M (1.7M weekdays, 188.3M Total)

Jun 1: 2.1M (1.1M weekdays, 191.5M Total)

Jun 8: 1.5M (800k weekdays, 193.8M Total)

Jun 15: 800k (500k weekdays, 195.1M Total)

Final Total: 198M (3.94x)

Legendary fudge incoming?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Friday will come in just over/under $100M. Saturday MCU event movies always impress - Ultron being sneaky outlier for a reason we're all well aware of - and Sunday MCU event movies generally dip but not drastically due to spillover. Just over/under $230M seems very likely to me. If the Friday number closes in on $105M somehow, something just over/under $240M could happen.

The wildcard is that IW has a lot more presales, which (generally) flatten out those walkups and big jumps. 

• Like 3