CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Based on this method TFA is the most frontloaded blockbuster of all time or something with its 119/57 ratio.

Well it's just frontloaded based on the beginning of the OW.

Maybe it tells us what to expect for Saturday and Sunday.

I dunno.

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

One time I violated my thread ban by accident but no one noticed and I got away with it.  Definitely my proudest moment.

Thanks for being honest. We'll set you up with a three year suspension to make things right. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Noctis said:

Opening Days Adjusted

Infinity War: $105.9m

DH2: $105.2m

thumbnail-a8d953959bb245e19d7ba41cdd8fb0

If it makes you feel any better, that number for IW is likely underestimated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

pro tip: don't draw attention to your accidental posting while thread banned if it happens.  just make it into a "." and hope the thread is moving fast enough and you'll be ok.  maybe change your profile pic too just for extra safety.  only way to #FoolTheMods

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Can IW beat Jurassic World worldwide gross, $1,672B ?

All bets are off.

Should be a walk in a park with a WW over $600m and China over $300m at least

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Why? AWIt has no chance at 100m

Your guess is as good as mine, but how else do you explain WIT jumping nearly 300% from Thursday and having a better Friday than last week? I guess so that it looks.... better at just over 95-96M DOM? I dunno. It's a big ass bomb anyway, so it's not like it matters.

I'd rather Disney hadn't bullshitted and let the IW number closer to the industry estimate (because, while there is a point that the forum is bipolar about these things, even something as anecdotal as 0.5M could make a difference in a race for the OW record... and, tbh, part of me really wants IW to go over TFA), but whatever, it's their call and it's still a gigantic number, the 2nd biggest daily gross of all time after all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Isn't that just fucking fantastic, Sam?

Just wait until you can compare IW's first Saturday to DH2's first Saturday.

Even adjusted that'll be a doozy

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

If it makes you feel any better, that number for IW is likely underestimated.

And adjusted numbers at best an estimate, taking average ticket prices, while you can bet, that the average Ticket Price for HP is way higher with all the premium formats and 3D. 

10 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

One time I violated my thread ban by accident but no one noticed and I got away with it.  Definitely my proudest moment.

How though? 

I've always assumed a thread ban physically stops your account from posting in that thread?

Is this place not as sophisticated as I assumed?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'd rather Disney hadn't bullshitted and let the IW number closer to the industry estimate (because, while there is a point that the forum is bipolar about these things, even something as anecdotal as 0.5M could make a difference in a race for the OW record... and, tbh, part of me really wants IW to go over TFA), but whatever, it's their call and it's still a gigantic number, the 2nd biggest daily gross of all time after all.

I can't imagine Disney not wanting IW to take the OW record if it's actually within their reach. The headlines and good publicity all around for IW seem more likely to increase profits than a milestone for a film nobody cares about right now.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 2