CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Just now, Sam said:

Sounds about good. Could be more depends on weekday drops. Poorer weekdays I think will be compensated by weekend. 

425M+ by end of next weekend.

Mon $18,898,999
-66.9% / -
$226,337,707 / 4
$13,228,555
-73.7% / -
$204,499,664 / 4
-
Tue $17,677,190
-6.5% / -
$244,014,897 / 5
$13,132,812
-0.7% / -
$217,632,476 / 5
-
Wed $13,612,910
-23% / -
$257,627,807 / 6
$9,409,838
-28.3% / -
$227,042,314 / 6
-
Thu $12,391,566
-9% / -
$270,019,373 / 7
$8,613,154
-8.5% / -
$235,655,468 / 7
-
WK 1 $270,019,373 $235,655,468

I hope it stays between TA and Ultron 

1 minute ago, cheesypoofs said:

Move captain marvel to February and move Avengers 4 up a week. Boom! Lol

They seem really set on having Capt. Marvel releasing around International Women Day (which makes sense), and that is March 8th. Don’t think there’s anyway they move up US release date, Marvel likes to keep either day-to-date or OS before US pattern. 

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

I think the difference is ppl are prisoners of the moment and can objectively look at the past :) 

Fan euphoria on OW =/= staying power with general auds

I mean people here are saying 2.5x legs, not 3+x... for a mega threequel crossover those would be great legs, but average overall for superhero movies. 

Just now, Mekanos said:

I mean people here are saying 2.5x legs, not 3+x... for a mega threequel crossover those would be great legs, but average overall for superhero movies. 

Sure and 2.5 is certainly possible, just trying to temper some of the "it'll definitely hit that, look at the WOM" posting

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

They seem really set on having Capt. Marvel releasing around International Women Day (which makes sense), and that is March 8th. Don’t think there’s anyway they move up US release date, Marvel likes to keep either day-to-date or OS before US pattern. 

Ah, yeah that makes sense. I didn't even think of that

14 minutes ago, Chewy said:

For everyone saying "the WOM is great there's no way this has poor legs"... plz go read those early CW threads

Well, I did say "I'm still not convinced legs will not be good" in my post :sparta:  But then again, I wasn't ever convinced that IW had much of a shot at breaking the OW record (thought that it would come closer to TLJ than TFA), so what do I know. I'm still predicting it to drop over 60% this coming weekend.

9 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Move captain marvel to February and move Avengers 4 up a week. Boom! Lol

Captain Marvel should NOT be moved. February already has Dark Phoenix; and its current release date is March 8th aka International Women's Day, which is a fucking perfect date for Marvel's 1st movie starring a female lead that is actually relevant, unlike Elektra or whatever else they've done.

If anything, they should move the OS release dates of Avengers 4 to the 1st weekend of May instead. No way Marvel won't want day-and-date launches after the IW onslaught this weekend. And, if things play out like they did this year, the WW OW would actually coincide with China's opening.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

But how will it compete with Dark Phoenix :sparta:

Totally forgot about that movie. But wasn’t it supposed to come out this year?

• Haha 1

Just now, Sam said:

Totally forgot about that movie. But wasn’t it supposed to come out this year?

It was delayed because they want to reshoot half the movie in September after the test screenings.... or something like that :hahaha:

Just now, The Mad Titan said:

You were in here earlier than this yesterday saying Saturday would shock people. Is it because it's Sunday? 

No, I am pretty sure it was much later than this.