CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

@MCKillswitch123 I have seen the numbers. Biggest OW for a superhero movie has fallen even if you remove the April 25 numbers. Also without April 25, it crushes the 5 day OWs of Ultron and Avengers. It also crushed the openings of Fifty Shades of Grey, The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. I will share the link when I get to a computer. It took 10 years but the MCU has finally joined the big leagues here.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 I have seen the numbers. Biggest OW for a superhero movie has fallen even if you remove the April 25 numbers. Also without April 25, it crushes the 5 day OWs of Ultron and Avengers. It also crushed the openings of Fifty Shades of Grey, The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. I will share the link when I get to a computer. It took 10 years but the MCU has finally joined the big leagues here.

THE POWAH OF NOS DISTRIBUTION (and of course Thanos) :ohmygod:

I really don't get it. 

People are fighting over the fact, that they saw it all coming, The $250m (or more like 260m) and the $230m-predictors get humiliated.

Reality Check here.

We are talking about 10%.

Have you ever seen something like this, when one user predicted $45m for a movie and another one $50m?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

This reminds me: among the many, many records this movie broke, one of them was the April OW record by a difference of over 100M.

Guess who was one of the stars of that previous record holder :redcapes:

Damn, I remember back in the BOM forums days when I was a much more active poster it being a big deal when Anger Management became the first $40 million April opener. Infinity War basically did that in 5 hours Thursday night lol. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

On 4/26/2018 at 2:09 PM, eXtacy said:

Final prediction

42m previews

70m Friday

82m Saturday

66m Sunday

260m OW

My prediction Thursday morning vs actuals

42m (39) previews

70m (67) Friday

82m (83) Saturday

66m (69*) Sunday

260m OW (258*)

I think i did quite well

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jjack339 said:

Sunday over(or equal) true Friday is an amazing sign for legs. 

Yeah, what looks to be a 3.3 FSS multi off Friday (with already $39m in the tank for previews) bodes extremely well for legs.

Edited by TalismanRing

28 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The early OS release is because of the World Cup, they're getting in early as it's really a dead zone apart from Ocean's 8 and a couple of comedies until the final. 

Oh yeah, I know the reason - I just think it’ll hurt it domestically as the word will have long since been out. 

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Oh yeah, I know the reason - I just think it’ll hurt it domestically as the word will have long since been out. 

Depends on the actual WOM. The trailers (and especially posters) for JW:FK arent that good, but maybe its just marketed poorly and the final film will be good/great? In that case strong OS WOM should only help its prospects in the US.

• Like 1

i was really bummed out that I won't see JW opening weekend because I'm going away the morning of opening day, just remembered I can go to the Tuesday night midnight preview. thanks for bringing this up and prompting me @wildphantom..

• Thanks 1

Just got out of my 2nd show. This time in IMAX 3d. It is just as good as the first time. Movie in IMAX IS gorgeous. 3d is really good too but I would prefer 2d. 

Show was sold out at 1pm on Monday as are pretty much all IMAX shows today in all imax’s in my city. 

• Like 3

This has truly been the best weekend ever. I knew that it was going to beat the OW record. It’s so hilarious to see all the doubters/haters “predictions” shattered.  “Bu..bu..BUT Civil War!!!!”  The best part is that A4 will do even better. All hail the biggest franchise in the world!