CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

6 minutes ago, bladels said:

Just check US TV ratings for the weekend. A lot of shows hit their series low by quite a margin.

IW is definitely responsible :P

No it's the "summer" starting, and these days (live) TV show ratings keep getting lower year after year.

Edited by MrGlass2

28 minutes ago, Sam said:

Monday showtimes haven’t even started like anywhere in US yet.

I know your mind is full of Cameron’s d*** most of the time (no shame about that, you do you) but at least have some ideas about BO stuff when you’re on a BO forum man. 

Quick Hide!!

TitusLOL.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MattW said:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/avengers-infinity-war-weekend-box-office-opening-records-1202378032

Monday AM: As of this morning, industry estimates have Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War at $255M-$257M for the weekend after a $66M-$68M Sunday

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

It looks like Sunday will be around $69m and the total for the weekend is roughly $258m

You would think EmpireCity would be accurate this late. Could not be off by 3m. 68-69 I think

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattW said:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/avengers-infinity-war-weekend-box-office-opening-records-1202378032

Monday AM: As of this morning, industry estimates have Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War at $255M-$257M for the weekend after a $66M-$68M Sunday

Was hoping for that $69M to $70M. That's alright. Incredible number. Had to lose steam with late late shows being Monday is a workday.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

No it's the "summer" starting, and these days (live) TV show ratings keep getting lower year after year.

Grey and TBBT lost 0.3 and 0.4 compare to last week. Too big for "summer start"

Edited by bladels

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

You would think EmpireCity would be accurate this late. Could not be off by 3m. 68-69 I think

I imagine he’s closer than they are and the actual will show that. I’m still hoping the numbers end up at $260m when they come in. 

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

To be fair, it was a Sunday night with work/school tomorrow.  I can see it falling a little short of the $69m.  :whosad:

Does not matter. All showings were over 6 hours ago. Empirecity only updated one hour ago. His information should be spot on at this time. 

Edited by eXtacy

2 minutes ago, bladels said:

Grey and TBBT lost 0.4 and 0.3 compare to last week. Too big for "summer start"

Do you honestly think Grey’s Anatomy and AIW have a deep, shared audience that would skip GA in favor of a Thursday showing of AIW? You could make a case for TBBT in that regard but it is a huge leap to make the same claim about GA.

28 minutes ago, jaybox said:

Yup. Lol. My main criticism of the MCU was the "villain of the week" issue they were having in 75 percent of their movies (and most of the movies were STILL good so that's a testament to their execution.) They have officially fixed their villain issues with Hela, Vulture, Killmonger and now Thanos. Killmonger and Thanos are now in my top 3 comic book film villains (Heath's Joker will remain number 1 for me for a while).  I didn't think Thanos was quite*** Killmonger but he was close enough and lived up to the hype (for me it was at minimum Killmonger quality of a villain or bust and Thanos lived up to the 10 years of hype so credit given). That ending (one of the best endings of all time, let's be honest, at least for a big blockbuster movie - Dark Knight, Empire Strikes Back, - I think Infinity War will ascend to that memorable level, and Thanos will no doubt become iconic based off that. It was his film featuring the Avengers. Congrats to its success.

PS-  Is my bet still safe? LOL. I actually spotted Infinity War a 275 million opening and still felt i would comfortably win (Under 936 Million Domestic). Can a non fanboy/girl who is super hyped and thinking 1 billion domestic give me a realistic time frame where I can still my bud he can pay me when it's clear it won't get there? 

I would also add Zemo and Ego from that Phase 3 baddie lineup

10 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Does not matter. All showings were over 6 hours ago. Empirecity only updated one hour ago. His information should be spot on at this time. 

Hm, I'm sure he's going to take this well and politely disagree

• Haha 1