CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

5 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Wouldn't Mother's Day inflate grosses?

Probably not for a superhero sequel that isn't Guardians, Wonder Woman or others that played very well to the female demo. I would think that it hurt CW a little.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Wouldn't Mother's Day inflate grosses?

When you go around applying drops so confidently, shouldn’t you like, I don’t know, at least know the why and how behind such drops?

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

You think Civil War is a Mother’s Day type of movie ?

Isn't the concept of Mother's Day to spend time with your mom?  I imagine that if MD didn't exist, then it would've had an even weaker drop.  This isn't a perfect comparison, but Criminal, which is the exact opposite of a Mother's Day film, only dropped 7.7% on that day despite having much larger drops in its previous weeks of release

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

Isn't the concept of Mother's Day to spend time with your mom?  I imagine that if MD didn't exist, then it would've had an even weaker drop.  This isn't a perfect comparison, but Criminal, which is the exact opposite of a Mother's Day film, only dropped 7.7% on that day despite having much larger drops in its previous weeks of release

Dads avoiding taking their wives to see Civil War so they don't get their masculinity threatened by their wives gushing over Chris Evans gigantic biceps 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

DUDE GET THE HOLY FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT TRASH

SBcGZZC.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2