CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

6 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

I'm a broken record because...I'm giving a realistic Sunday drop?

I'm just giving you a hard time because it seems like you don't want this to happen lol, just joking with you, but..i don't think there is a good comparison, or a "realistic" one. Let's see how the chips fall!

btw I know your making an educated guess, which is fine, I just think there is an X factor, but I'm biased.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Wait what?

I need some Rth confirmation on this. This is absolutely shocking if true. I have no words. It would SMASH the Saturday record.

Look at what Avengers and Jurassic World did with lower theater counts in 2018 dollars:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/f-th.htm?page=Sat&adjust_yr=2018&p=.htm

They had well over 100 fewer theaters than Infinity War. Throw in PLF/IMAX expansion compared to 2012 in particular. I think Avengers had the demand to hit $80m if you gave it 2018 ticket prices, expanded PLF capacity, and 125 extra theaters playing it. 

18 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

And I bet it's going to end up somewhere in this range. Probably like 77.5 or 78.2 or something weird.

I'd bet more like a straight $9M over true Friday...I mean are more seats at night really gonna sell tonight than last night?  Was there an open seat last night?

Edit: And now see's EC's post:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It's early, but like I said this morning, people are going to be shocked at the number.  

Given that it kept going higher into the night yesterday I think it might hit $82m after everything is settled.  

Again, it is very early and that could change and I am being a bit more aggressive than others.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It's early, but like I said this morning, people are going to be shocked at the number.  

Given that it kept going higher into the night yesterday I think it might hit $82m after everything is settled.  

Again, it is very early and that could change and I am being a bit more aggressive than others.  

52 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this video has 834 views so clearly 83.4m wow what a great number let's pop the champagne i am not wrong.

C L O S E  E N O U G H

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 3
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Why?  Civil War dropped that much.  CW had a 21.2% increase from true Friday, if IW does $79.5M then that's a 18.8% increase.

@CJohn give this kid a BAN for not being on the RECORD TRAIN.

• Like 1