CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Just now, Iron Raf said:

The reported gross is actually 21% more than at moment than it was on Friday with $52mn approx as compared to $43mn yesterday. If that continue #InfinityWar may even close by $80mn, but let's just stick to $77mn at moment.

I don't trust this guy. :thinking:

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I don't trust this guy. :thinking:

I would. He shouldn't be posting but he is.  Don't trust his extrapolation but I'd assume the sales being 52M vs 43M yesterday at this time is pure comscore data that he shouldn't be telling people.

• Like 7

Just now, Rumpot said:

I would. He shouldn't be posting but he is.  Don't trust his extrapolation but I'd assume the sales being 52M vs 43M yesterday at this time is pure comscore data that he shouldn't be telling people.

Yup. The access to data goes straight to some folks heads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, while we wait on numbers...

I asked my kids (teen to K) that if we could see one movie together this summer, what should we see.  I offered Avengers, Solo, Incredibles 2, Ant Man and the Wasp, Jurassic World, Hotel Transylvania 3, and Teen Titans Go.  All 4 (even the teen) picked Incredibles 2 1st and then there was a split between Ant Man (older 2 girls) and TTG (younger 2 boys).  Not saying that families will break this way, but I was surprised the Star Wars-loving boys didn't pick Solo (although they do love TTG, too) and the girls had zero interest in anything but the 2 mentioned...and I got noses turned up at HT3, which is funny since they watched the 1st 2 in theaters...

Something to keep in mind as we see the summer play out...

Hote Transylvania has, imo, actually always been aimed more at the parents than the kids.