CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

9 minutes ago, Sam said:

I’m here for @CJohn quoting that @Ethan Hunt‘s post till the end of time.

Could you say you're with him till the end of the line? (:ph34r: am i out of the club now?)

Edited by captainwondyful

2 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Isn't the concept of Mother's Day to spend time with your mom?  I imagine that if MD didn't exist, then it would've had an even weaker drop.  This isn't a perfect comparison, but Criminal, which is the exact opposite of a Mother's Day film, only dropped 7.7% on that day despite having much larger drops in its previous weeks of release

Yeah but look at the type of films that increased.  .

Edited by Rman823

Can we stop comparing IW possible Sunday drop to CW ?? Outside of Mother's Day, there's another small, tiny factor here............ IW IS A MUCH BETTER MOVIE (FOR MAINSTREAM AUDIENCES). I loved both (IW more) but there's no doubt that IW is much more appealing, and would never follow the same drops.

Edited by Iron Raf

7 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

It’s still getting a huge increase from the original’s OW. 

Still though. It is the odd one of the bunch:

* Marvel's first black solo lead, majority black cast, third highest DOM of all time

* The culmination of 10 years of worldbuilding and franchises colliding together to create a force that (from the seems of it) is at least on par if not greater than Star Wars in terms of getting people to come opening weekend

* Wacky shrinking hijinks with Morpheus

Edited by SpiderByte

JUST POINTING OUT THAT I HAVE CORRECTLY PREDICTED THE OW RECORD WOULD FALL WITH TFA AND NOW POSSIBLY WITH IW. SO NEXT TIME YOU SEE THE 300M OW TRAIN ROLLING, YOU KNOW WHAT WILL POTENTIAL HAPPEN.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Could you say you're with him till the end on the line? (:ph34r: am i out of the club now?)

Keep that up and you might as well just kick yourself out of the club because you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Haha 1

Just now, Iron Raf said:

Can we stop comparing IW possible Sunday drop to IW ?? Outside of Mother's Day, there's another small, tiny factor here............ IW IS A MUCH BETTER MOVIE (FOR MAINSTREAM AUDIENCES). I loved both (IW more) but there's no doubt that IW is much more appealing, and would never follow the same drops.

They're pretty similar.  Both are pretty dark compared to most Marvel films, both are teamup films, both have great reception but appeal very highly to its fanbase and more casual viewers might not like it as much, both require a large amount of films to watch to fully understand, etc.

it's always great to be here on a weekend when records are being broken. and it's nice to see something that truly deserves it breaking a record as well. of course i'm talking about That One Guy getting the most threadbans in any weekend thread ever. it's just great to see.

• Haha 7
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

16 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It's early, but like I said this morning, people are going to be shocked at the number.  

Given that it kept going higher into the night yesterday I think it might hit $82m after everything is settled.  

Again, it is very early and that could change and I am being a bit more aggressive than others.  

Have an idea of what the low range might be? 

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Rth just texted me.

I am sworn to secrecy.  But it's a big number. 

:sparta:

Over 80million? Record breaking? 

I know you probably won’t answer the first question but how about the second? 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk

I hope no one is expecting Ant-Man and the Wasp to do mega business, it'll be a solid hit closer to say Doctor Strange but I think Marvel are deliberately making it of a more low key event much like the first film, more of an appetiser than a main course. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

They're pretty similar.  Both are pretty dark compared to most Marvel films, both are teamup films, both have great reception but appeal very highly to its fanbase and more casual viewers might not like it as much, both require a large amount of films to watch to fully understand, etc.

Which Civil War movie did you watch?

Or better yet, do you even know what Civil War means? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I hope no one is expecting Ant-Man and the Wasp to do mega business, it'll be a solid hit closer to say Doctor Strange but I think Marvel are deliberately making it of a more low key event much like the first film, more of an appetiser than a main course. 

Hell the fact that a movie with Ant-Man is looking at over a 70M+ OW shows how strong the Marvel brand is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It's probably going to be the normal sequel bump from the first movie. Which is already great cause that movie did way better WW than anyone expected.