Eric is Quiet

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

Really solid follow up though there are some areas where this falls short of the first one (which I absolutely loved). The action scenes are creative enough to not be a copy of the first one and Millicent Simmonds continues to be the stand out in this series. The film mostly keeps in line with the small scale nature of the first one which allows the suspense and tension to be as much as it was previously. 

Lots of interesting ideas introduced in this one but many only briefly touched upon due to the runtime and small focus of the film. Some of the interesting questions that I had after the ending of the first one unfortunately I think were bumped to a Part III which I think is justified at this point if you're on board with Part II. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

Too bad. Emily went on Jimmy show last year to promote AQP2 just before the shutdown. Now she has to do it all over again.

Haven't really see other in the cast like Murphy or Hounsou or even Simmonds appear in big scale event to promote AQP2. John has been doing this alone until now he finally got some help from Emily 

Cillian Murphy is pretty notoriously press shy, I saw him do one Late Night appearance for Dunkirk with Colbert probably because there weren't a ton of lead stars to put on Late Night for the film and it was pretty clear he was uncomfortable with the whole experience.

Cillian was promoting the movie last year. He went on Seth Meyers show. It was actually a great late night appearance. He seemed comfortable. Told the story of auditioning for Batman. I looked for it but it got taken off of Youtube for some reason

It was surreal being in a movie theater again. The last time I was at one was when I watched The Way Back right before lockdowns started.

The movie was what I expected. It’s pretty solid. I’m not sure what else to say, except that I don’t think a third movie would be necessary, even though they apparently plan on making one.

On 5/28/2021 at 2:38 AM, MrPink said:

Cillian Murphy is pretty notoriously press shy, I saw him do one Late Night appearance for Dunkirk with Colbert probably because there weren't a ton of lead stars to put on Late Night for the film and it was pretty clear he was uncomfortable with the whole experience.

He seem pretty ok in this

It was a pretty good movie but I do feel that the novelty is starting to wear off a bit. Post apocalyptic stories can only remain interesting for so long when there is very little dialogue and pretty much the entire movie is atmospheric. I also was a bit disappointed with the ending as it seemed a little repetitive.

Though I do like the characters at the same time I would be fine if this was the final one (and I definitely don't think it should try to go on for more than three films)

Edited by RockyMountain

I went to the theater to see the movie with my female friend today. We are both vaccinated. We both loved it. She said it was better than the first.

The last time I was in a theater was for a knives out in December 2019.

Edited by eddyxx

I uh...liked the original a lot better than this...you know when studios get an unexpected hit? And they try to stretch it to a trilogy? And the second movie is kind of a time waster, to get to the third movie? That's what this felt like.

Krasinski wasn't aware of how huge the original was going to be. 50M OW, 1st place. Barely beaten by Dwayne Johnson's Rampage the second weekend. It then miraculously came back to crush Rampage to regain the top spot 🙂.

Had Krasinski knew this, he would not have killed himself off in the first film, so it seemed like he

did that opening flashback scene, just to reincert himself back into this.

😂

It dragged at times, and seemed like filler, to get to the third movie.

Almost forgot to mention, wokeness 🙂. The

the boy is immediately disabled by a bear trap thingy snapping his ankle, so the deaf girl can be the heroine].

Edited by OdinSon2k14