Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The idea is really baffling (it's like doing a Lex Luthor movie in a Supermanless universe)..... BUT, every actual element put into it (cast, tone/rating, and to a small extent director) seems promising enough.

But, deep, deep, DEEP down.... I still hope that this is related to the MCU.

The way Feige is playing (not really saying it is connected, nor that it isn't) makes me feel that they are making it in a way that it is not explicitly connected, and they are just waiting to see if it's going to be well received, and if it is, both critically and commercially, they are going to use Hardy's Venom on the next Spider-Man, or Tom Holland on the next Venom movie. And if it is a turd we can just ignore it, and stop caring about Sony's ideas altogether.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

The way Feige is playing (not really saying it is connected, nor that it isn't) makes me feel that they are making it in a way that it is not explicitly connected, and they are just waiting to see if it's going to be well received, and if it is, both critically and commercially, they are going to use Hardy's Venom on the next Spider-Man, or Tom Holland on the next Venom movie. And if it is a turd we can just ignore it, and stop caring about Sony's ideas altogether.

Either that, or they want to surprise us with a Tom Holland end credit scene.

• Haha 2

Lmao, I am more excited about this movie than any other CBM coming out in 2017... well, I might make an exception for Dark Phoenix if the trailer ends up looking awesome. But c'mon, we will finally get a really dark, really twisted, R-rated movie about someone who isn't all puppies and let's save the world? I am so hyped for this!

Actually, the whole Disney/Fox things makes me sad partly because I would've killed for solo Magneto movie.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

Tom Holland Spider-Man to appear in Venom movie?

http://collider.com/venom-movie-spider-man-cameo-tom-holland/amp/

“Spider-Man is going to be in Venom. For the last couple of months, we’ve been hearing how Sony is keeping it all separated, and Spider-Man is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but every other character that’s in the Spider-Man universe is separate. All I’m saying is that Spider-Man—and I’m talking about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man—is going to be in Venom.”

Eh, okay...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

Tom Holland Spider-Man to appear in Venom movie?

http://collider.com/venom-movie-spider-man-cameo-tom-holland/amp/

I feel like it's only a matter of time before Disney figures out how to wrestle Spider-man away from Sony completely. Hell, maybe Sony already knows they're going to do it and they're taking the steps to make this movie so that it's able to fit into MCU. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, ThiagoMaia said:

Fact is that Feige has no way of keeping SONY from doing this film, and your are right that his positioning Marvel Studios in a situation where they can work it into the MCU if it succeeds, and pretend it never happened if it fails.

See, I don't know if I like this. It's bad whether Tom is in it or not in it because at the end of the day Peter Parker has to discover the symbiote first. It was stupid to do a separate non-MCU Venom movie and it's still stupid to have it in the MCU because it's messing up the symbiote storyline.

Unless of course Peter does get the black suit first in the Venom movie. But then you may as well just make it a Spider-Man movie.

I'd be totally on board with a Venom movie, just if it came AFTER Spider-Man donning the black suit first.

Edited by JB33