kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

5 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Endgame top markets worldwide in terms of Admissions (2 Weeks)

1. China: 80mn
2. USA: 65mn Approx
3. India: 20mn Approx
4. Mexico: 20mn
5. Brazil: 14mn
6. South Korea: 12mn
7. UK: 10mn Approx

Above 7 have over 10mn admissions.

Indonesia as of Wednesday, well over 10M adm

D6I0ePWUwAA0Jwj.png:large

• Like 5
  • Astonished 6

6 hours ago, JimiQ said:

What are you guys talking about? It's at 2.3B after wednesday. It still has thursday + weekend. Even 70 OS-C + 14 Ch + 70 DOM + thursday is comfortably over 2.45B. True, 2.5 might be a stretch, but the race is not lost

Why did you quote me? I just said that a 70M OS-China weekend would make a sub-Avatar gross possible (=give Avatar hope), which is just the truth.

My prediction is 95 +/- 5M.

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

Why did you quote me? I just said that a 70M OS-China weekend would make a sub-Avatar gross possible (=give Avatar hope), which is just the truth.

My prediction is 95 +/- 5M.

I am sorry, collateral damage

55 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

2.330 billion Thursday

2.480 billion Sunday. 

So it will only do 150 million worldwide in the weekend ? I mean I don’t doubt it but I don’t get it.  This movie has been killing it OS, even with China normally slowing down, why would it suddenly have an OS weekend similar to the U.S one ? It would go from a 2.8/1  OS/U.S analogy (in Wednesday) to an almost 1/1 analogy in the weekend.(65/70million U.S, 75/80 million OS for it to have an 150 million weekend)

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 2

Infinity War dropped 52% and made about 65 million overseas in its 3rd weekend without China & Russia. Let's assume Endgame drops 55% as it has competition in the face of Detective Pikachu whereas Infinity War did not face any significant competition until next week from Deadpool 2. 

55% from last weekend = 83.25m (all numbers without China/Russia)

China this weekend = 16m 

Domestically Infinity War dropped about 46% in its 3rd weekend. Endgame will probably drop more. Boxofficepro thinks it will drop 52%. Let's say it drops 51% and makes 72 million.

So thats 83.25+16+72 = 171.25 (plus whatever it makes in Russia)

• Like 5

Films that reached $2B during their initial run

Title Days to $2B Opening day Reached $2B
Avengers: Endgame 11 24/04/19 04/05/19
Avengers: Infinity War 48 25/04/18 11/06/18
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 53 16/12/15 06/02/16

Avatar was the fourth film to reach $1B during its initial run. Endgame is the fourth film to reach $2B during its initial run.

After Avatar, there was a decade that produced tens of billion-dollar films. Is this an indication that two-billion-dollar films are gonna become commoner from now on? Which will be the next two-billion-dollar film? Avatar 2? That's in 2.5 years from now. A lot could happen in the meantime. The most important factor that will determine the answer to these questions will be the extent of China's box office expansion, imo.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Quigley said:

After Avatar, there was a decade that produced tens of billion-dollar films. Is this an indication that two-billion-dollar films are gonna become commoner from now on? Which will be the next two-billion-dollar film? Avatar 2? That's in 2.5 years from now. A lot could happen in the meantime. The most important factor that will determine the answer to these questions will be the extent of China's box office expansion, imo.

If we go by history, seeing more 2B films being dropped left and right seems like a certainty. But I'll say that there's a good chance this is the last 2B dollar film for the next 2.5 years (Until Avatar 2). I guess TLK could surprise, aside from that, we generally have an idea of all the "big hits" that's coming in the schedule year 2020 and 2021, if we look at 2020 for example, absolutely nothing screams 2B potential, actually, I doubt any of them could even get 1.5B. 2021 could be a slighlty different scenario, we'll have to see. 

• Like 2

I think we will get a lot of 2B the next decade, but mostly concentrated in the 2024-2029 area, few in 2019-2024. That’s how the Avatar and 1B comparison goes, and also makes basic sense with the non-linear growth of markets, prices, etc.

I doubt we will have any over 2 billion films until Avatar 2. The amount of money is too big for most blockbusters to reach and a movie still needs a perfect storm to reach that milestone. 2 billion is still too much and will be too much for the foreseeable future. The only recent movies that have reached it is the first proper sequel to the original Star Wars films , helped by an amazing U.S result, and the two Infinity Saga films (where everything worked perfect for them). Obviously I am leaving the two Cameron phenoms out since they are older and don’t even apply to the usual blockbuster rules. (hence why they were n.1 and n.2 for a looooooong time).

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

If we go by history, seeing more 2B films being dropped left and right seems like a certainty. But I'll say that there's a good chance this is the last 2B dollar film for the next 2.5 years (Until Avatar 2). I guess TLK could surprise, aside from that, we generally have an idea of all the "big hits" that's coming in the schedule year 2020 and 2021, if we look at 2020 for example, absolutely nothing screams 2B potential, actually, I doubt any of them could even get 1.5B. 2021 could be a slighlty different scenario, we'll have to see. 

Only Star Wars (1), Avengers (2) and Cameron (2) have made a 2B movie. The closest is over 300m away, a fair amount of $ that inflation won’t cover easily in the next decade either. So going by history, I don’t see a huge increase in 2B movies, atleast not in the first halt of this coming decade. The next will be another Disney movie, not a surprise considering they own all 5. So the next Avatar will likely make it, the next Star Wars likely won’t, Avatar 3-5 depends on how well the 2nd does, the finale in the new Star Wars trilogy have potential to do it, if it’s done right and the Next Avengers movie most likely will do it again whenever that comes out.

• Like 1

Though it looks remote today, Lion King has a chance. It was a humongous WW monster 25 years back when OS markets were not that much developed. Question is can it tap into the same audience. Need reviews like or better than Jungle Book for it to happen.

Other than that I can’t think of any 2B grosser besides Avatar 2/3/4/5.

No MCU movie till the next Avenger as well. Any idea when the next Avengers movie will release. If they want to use current cast like Dr Strange, Guardians, Spidey and Black Panther it cannot be too much into the future

• Like 1

I guess a counterpoint is that there are only 3 movies in the 1.5-2B range, whereas there were a bunch more in 500-1B in 2009. So maybe we should focus on 1.5B becoming common first 😛 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I guess a counterpoint is that there are only 3 movies in the 1.5-2B range, whereas there were a bunch more in 500-1B in 2009. So maybe we should focus on 1.5B becoming common first 😛 

True. In this sense, the two-billion-dollar films seem like outliers rather than films which will set a trend.

• Like 1