ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

This looks like a Zack Snyder Marvel movie.

That was my first thought as well, and not in a good way. I feel like I’m the dissenting voice here when I say this trailer didn’t really do anything for me. Merely looking good visually isn’t enough, hopefully the story is good too.

• Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Why does Chloe Zhao's name appear twice in the Written By section of the trailer Credits? This happened with the first poster to.

She wrote the script solo, and then worked on it again with the other writer. It’s a weird quirk that just means she has to be credited twice for both versions of the script.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Why does Chloe Zhao's name appear twice in the Written By section of the trailer Credits? This happened with the first poster to.

It says "screenplay by Chloe Zhao and Chloe Zhao & Patrick Burleigh and Ryan Firpo & Kaz Firpo". So I'm assuming the first draft was written by Ryan & Kaz Firpo, the second draft by Zhao &Burleigh and the final version by Zhao by herself.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Zhao’s name can be seen on social media. Looks like local bureau stop censoring her. A good sign for securing a local release plan.

Her name probably wouldn’t be plastered all over the trailer if something hadn’t been worked out.    

Of course, something can always go wrong or some official change their mind over a minor perceived slight at the last moment, but for now I’m optimistic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I think it's not a film suitable for a young audience, can it be a problem for Marvel?

It's still PG-13 so there shouldn't be a problem. Whether kids will find this movie boring is a different question

Edited by DInky

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Holy shit that was freaking epic!! Haven't been so excited for a Marvel film since...isk...Avengers?Maybe ever. Perfect trailer.

Also, can anyone confirm....are Sersi and Ikaris the leads or is it Sersi and Black Knight?

Spoiler

Kit Harington has only a minor role in the film. And Ikaris is (read at your own risk)

Spoiler

the villain

Just rewatched it, it went down a lot better the second time when I knew what to expect of it, I think it’s just the different tone that felt a bit jarring to me at first, it definitely still has a Marvel feel to it. I rescind my previous “looks like Snyder” reaction.

• Like 1