Jump to content
ronisssantos

The Eternals | Marvel Studios | 6th Nov, 2020 | Chloe Zhao directing | Angelina Jolie, Kumail Nanjiani, Richard Madden, Salma Hayek...

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

Marvel Studios has pinpointed its next potential franchise, the Jack Kirby-created title The Eternals, and is moving ahead with development.

 

The studio behind Avengers: Infinity War has hired writers Matthew and Ryan Firpo, whose spec script Ruinshot to the top of the 2017 Black List, to pen the script for the superhero team adventure.

 

The Firpos are best known for writing Ruin, a spec script that shot to the top of the 2017 Black List. Even before that, the project was emanating enough heat that it attracted Gal Gadot and got set up at Marc Butan’s MadRiver Pictures.

Ruin tells of an ex-Nazi captain who, to atone for his crimes, hunts down and kills the members of his former SS squad.

 

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am guessing that the next phase of the MCU will feel a lot more cosmic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC better get The New Gods out quickly if they don't want to be outdone yet another time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Thanos an Eternal? 

 

Hope they don't kill him in A4 because they're setting him up to be an all-time great.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine we'll also see Galactus and The Silver Surfer potentially pop up

14 minutes ago, Slambros said:

DC better get The New Gods out quickly if they don't want to be outdone yet another time.

I'm sure the two can co-exist, they're not that similar.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Slambros said:

DC better get The New Gods out quickly if they don't want to be outdone yet another time.

They'll probably be outdone anyways but they should at least try to do it first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even ten posts and this has already become a "DC can't do anything right" thread? :winomg:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Not even ten posts and this has already become a "DC can't do anything right" thread? :winomg:

Not to mention Eternals, especially if they are going the Neil Gaiman route with Sersi as the POV character as reported by The Wrap, will probably be closer to Wonder Woman (it even has its "Olympian adjacents" and the lead heroine is a gorgeous immortal woman with ties to Ancient Greece living undercover among humans for centuries) than New Gods.

 

Anyhoo, who're your lead picks for Sersi? I've seen Constance Wu and Priyanka Chopra come up as fancasting frontrunners and I get behind both of those suggestions. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 8:17 PM, expensiveho said:

Isn't Thanos an Eternal? 

 

Hope they don't kill him in A4 because they're setting him up to be an all-time great.

 

Yeah he was an Eternal that carried the Deviant gene, which was why his physical appearance who so different from the other members of his race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Anyhoo, who're your lead picks for Sersi? I've seen Constance Wu and Priyanka Chopra come up as fancasting frontrunners and I get behind both of those suggestions. :)

Sofia Boutella!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, expensiveho said:

Isn't Thanos an Eternal? 

 

Hope they don't kill him in A4 because they're setting him up to be an all-time great.

How would they resolve things without killing him though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Sofia Boutella!!!!

 

Whichever studio lands her will become my favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, StevenG said:

Not even ten posts and this has already become a "DC can't do anything right" thread? :winomg:

DC has had more misses then hits over the past few years.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish marvel studios would try something with their horror franchises, just give me some reasonably budgeted “tomb of Dracula”, “werewolf by night”, “morbius the living vampire” e.t.c...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

DC has had more misses then hits over the past few years.....

 

This is a Marvel thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderation:

 

Not the New Gods thread. Not the DC thread. Not the Franchise Wars thread. Keep that outta here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@4815162342 The Human Reaper from ME2 is getting its own origin story by Marvel. Nice.

 

On a serious note, this is certainly a off-the-walls concept, but if done right, it could have a pretty epic cosmic scope that'd play well with audiences. It could also do Ant-Man/Thor numbers tops. Who knows.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if they lock down Taika Waititi for this. After Thor: Ragnarok, there's no way they don't want him back. (I'm saying this but I'm not a huge fan of that movie, but it's kinda obvious a lot of people were and it was BY FAR the most successful and well liked Thor movie.)

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2018 at 7:07 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Not to mention Eternals, especially if they are going the Neil Gaiman route with Sersi as the POV character as reported by The Wrap, will probably be closer to Wonder Woman (it even has its "Olympian adjacents" and the lead heroine is a gorgeous immortal woman with ties to Ancient Greece living undercover among humans for centuries) than New Gods.

 

Anyhoo, who're your lead picks for Sersi? I've seen Constance Wu and Priyanka Chopra come up as fancasting frontrunners and I get behind both of those suggestions. :)

Hmmm...I have not thought about it, but I most certainly like those two suggestions.

I would be thrilled if they chose an Asian actress for the role.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.