CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sunday was underestimate by almost $1m - too bad Sat was over-estimated by $200k+

2018/05/18 2 $7,306,785 +112% 4,002 $1,826   $573,667,744 22
2018/05/19 2 $12,791,859 +75% 4,002 $3,196   $586,459,603 23
2018/05/20 2 $9,354,259 -27% 4,002 $2,337   $595,813,862 24

It’s Sunday’s have been unusually good for some reason.

Just now, poweranimals said:

So is $700 million off the table or does it still have a shot?

I think it’s like TalismanRing said. They need to let it play through summer and then get the Labor Day boost for 700. I’d say no with that dumb late July home video release. 

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

Has a shot but probably like 40% chance it reaches it. This movie has behaved very weirdly though so I can't rule anything out.

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

It has a shot.

Avengers after it's 4th w/e - $513.37m - also Memorial Day w.e - $110m more 

AIW after it's 4th w/e - $595.81 with MD w/e coming up

Again, would be a better shot if Disney let it run to and expand on Labor Day

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

it needs to average -33% holds for 8 weeks, but I doubt it does that with Solo, JW and AM2 in its path, it would then need a late summer Imax re release as mentioned

Edited by POTUS

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I know Disney doesn't care about records when they schedule the video release (see Frozen etc) but you'd think they'd move it back 6 weeks or so if it meant having a $700m/$2B movie.

You’d think. It’s honestly sometimes funny how the things studios do screw up the things/runs/records we care about. And then they get so particular about things like release dates in ways that seem ridiculous to us. 

32 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It has a shot.

Avengers after it's 4th w/e - $513.37m - also Memorial Day w.e - $110m more 

AIW after it's 4th w/e - $595.81 with MD w/e coming up

Again, would be a better shot if Disney let it run to and expand on Labor Day

IW would need 3.55x multi off of its 4th weekend to get to 700. Avengers only managed a 3x and Black Panther managed only a 2.9x despite having no drops below 40% on any weekend except this one. 

Even WW had legs of 3.77 so basically would need legs closer to WW which I think is not possible. 

I think legs closer to 2.75x for a total of about 675 is a lot more possible with competition like solo, incredibles and JW coming up

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I know Disney doesn't care about records when they schedule the video release (see Frozen etc) but you'd think they'd move it back 6 weeks or so if it meant having a $700m/$2B movie.

They wanna strike while the iron is still hot so they can make a lot of money from dvd/home releae rather than the few millions they might make from BO by delaying th dvd release. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1