CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

She might be the most useless romantic interest in all of these movies.

Dunno she has very tough competition from Cap's beard

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

5 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Ant-Man is also one of only two MCU films to open in July, which helps out the legs due to summer weekdays. The fact it's a funnier, more "lightier" movie than Captain America 1 is probably why it held better.

Homecoming opened in July too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Include Iron Man's midnights in its weekend Ant-Man is leggier :) 

You are quite right. Dont know how I missed that. That would mean Ant Man is the 3rd leggiest MCU movie and the 5th leggies SH movie since year 2000

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

You are quite right. Dont know how I missed that. That would mean Ant Man is the 3rd leggiest MCU movie and the 5th leggies SH movie since year 2000

Midnights used to be reported separately but that stopped so studios could inflate the reported OWs, forget when exactly it changed tho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Homecoming opened in July too.

Right, I always forget to include that because it's a Sony title. Still, that doubled the opening of Ant-Man, had a 62% second weekend drop and is still in the top quarter of leggy MCU films, showing the strength of summer weekdays.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I forgot Emily VanCamp exists tbh.

She was so good on Revenge (despite often being overshadowed by Madeleine Stowe)! Too bad that show's quality became very inconsistent after the first season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Midnights used to be reported separately but that stopped so studios could inflate the reported OWs, forget when exactly it changed tho

Probably when they started Thursday previews.

3 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Right, I always forget to include that because it's a Sony title. Still, that doubled the opening of Ant-Man, had a 62% second weekend drop and is still in the top quarter of leggy MCU films, showing the strength of summer weekdays.

I remember when the weekend drop came in and people (not here) suddenly forgot how July weekends work. They were freaking out that Sony was gonna pull the deal or something because of underperformance.

Edited by Mekanos

45 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

My real interest is in how Marvel will handle a Doctor Strange sequel. People liked it and I like it more than most but it seemed to get some of the least amount of buzz out of all the Marvel films. 

A different director would help