CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

I like Cap and Widow as friends. I don't want a romance between them. Of course the Hulk and Widow thing was a disaster brought to us by Whedon's obsession with putting his tough petite heroines in relationships with literal monsters. Dear god do I HATE that forced relationship.

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Thursday previews started a few years later, after the TDKR theater shooting

Maybe you meant to say more regular, but not absolute

E.g. Star Wars 1-3, Indiana Jones 4,... started 1/2 day before midnight before that date

• Like 1

No amount of good writings will convince anyone that flirting and hooking up with your deceased former love’s grandniece (right after the funeral no less, yuck!) is not icky and gross. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I like Cap and Widow as friends. I don't want a romance between them. Of course the Hulk and Widow thing was a disaster brought to us by Whedon's obsession with putting his tough petite heroines in relationships with literal monsters. Dear god do I HATE that forced relationship.

Banner is Whedon’s self insert in that movie pretty much. Dude gets fed up and leaves at the end of the movie because he wrecked everything. Foreshadowing.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I’ll take Cap/Widow over Bruce/Widow. Scar Jo and Evans have great chemistry. I mean upe3q0isij5u0uiu.jpg?skj2io4l

I always feel like Black Widow is "cheating" on Bruce with Captain America :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

Banner is Whedon’s self insert in that movie pretty much. Dude gets fed up and leaves at the end of the movie because he wrecked everything.

That's a brilliant reading of the film. I'm out of likes so I just had to respond.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Eh, Hulk/Widow gave rise to the brilliant Thor/Hulk “the sun’s getting real low” moments in Ragnarok, so I allow it.

That disaster relationship has really spawned some great comedy lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Eh, Hulk/Widow gave rise to the brilliant Thor/Hulk “the sun’s getting real low” moments in Ragnarok, so I allow it.

02y3363lnbr01.png

That goofy-ass smile still cracks me up.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

02y3363lnbr01.png

That goofy-ass smile still cracks me up.

Hems has incredible comedic timing lol.

That whole sequence was great. Mocking fun at the Hulk/Widow relationship while giving a shoutout to The Moment of Avengers (2012) with Loki’s exclamation of “that’s how I feel!”  over Thor being Hulk’s rag doll 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The Russos ship Cap and Bucky, don't lie to yourselves

Nah. They are far too committed to their poly triad (Steve, Sam, Nat). 

• Like 1

I think its pretty clear that 'The Avengers' boost didn't just effect the characters who appeared in the movie.  GOTG and Doctor Strange outgrossed every phase one movie WW.  No way would either of those movies or Ant Man have done as well as they did without the Avengers boosting the entire franchise.

So I don't think its crazy to speculate that Infinity War could have the same impact on Ant-Man, despite him not appearing in the movie.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

Have her learn magic. She can protect the London sanctum from any attacks.

Agree with this. Rachel McAdams deserves better than Jane Porter 2.0 But Even More Useless. Make her a part of the Stoner Squad and turn her into a powerful magician alongside Strange and Wong.

And for the love of God, just go full acid trip on the sequel. Also, drop Scott Derrickson and get a better director.

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Nah. They are far too committed to their poly triad (Steve, Sam, Nat). 

Civil War’s whole premise is about Steve Rogers going through a nasty divorce with Tony Stark, straight up said fuck it all over his ideals/reputations/responsibilities as an Avengers leader, abandoning half of his kids. All for an emo, not right in the head childhood ex.

So yeah, I’d incline to say @Chewy is right about where their tendency lies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4