CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Only a few people are acting like Deadpool 2 isn't a hit. It was never outgrossing the first so it looking to not do that isn't shocking.

It's a flop 

:sparta:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Just sitting down to see DEADPOOL 2 now. Ready for some good fun!

@Nova your thoughts? I'm sure you've shared them already but I haven't really been around lately.

Its decent like the first film, even if the stop/go nature of that 1st half in terms of pacing (thanks reshoots!) makes this feel more draggy than the first movie which otherwise had good pacing for the most part? (Another thing in the 1st act made me roll my eyes but that goes into spoilers.) Tons of jokes fired, many don't land but enough land ultimately for me. Still you have good castings of good characters that you want to see more of and as a long time X-Men comics fan, its amusing how for a series that exists to a point to be a piss take on the X-Men franchise also effectively nail 3 X-Men characters in Cable, Colossus, and SPOILER which pleased me like punch. They've got a good thing going on there, I just wish they were better because let's be honest they can be. I give it 7/10. (Same rating I gave Thor Ragnarok, WW, Dr Strange and so forth if one wants context to take a dump on me.)

Also hooray for a spandex blockbuster not needing to blow a fortune, thus you can have a LGBT pairing out in the open (and not the wink wink/nudge crap ala Beauty & The Beast remake last year or SOLO apparently) and tell Moscow or the Middle East or any other foreign markets Hollywood is deathly afraid of offending RE: LGBT stuff to suck it. 

Edited by RRA
  • Like 2

Deadpool 3,4,5,6,7 & 8 are cancelled I am afraid.

Deapool  2 was too much of a disapointment for the franchise to make financial sense.

Back to flop land for Ryan in 2019.

Fox only hope now is to reboot Fantastic Four a second time, or is it third ?

Edited by The Futurist

22 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

He's a bitter Betty about that for sure. He seems to only want Disney movies to succeed, which is weird. 

If it was just Disney movies he wouldn't rag on SW post-TFA anywhere near as hard as he does.

Thing I don't get with people like MovieMan89 and Iron Jimbo and such is how you even manage to have enough time in your life to troll about a movie you don't like's box office potential/results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1